• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we united? doesn't seem so

I think what is going on right now sort of backs up most liberals' beliefs that gun owners are a bunch of paranoid people. If they're smart, they will use that against us when trying to execute a gun ban.

I don't see it as "greed," people don't want to accept that guns are no different than anything else, the prices & values are not constant, they rise and fall with changes in supply and demand like everything else. They also aren't a commodity, they are a luxury item in so much as you do not need one to survive, can someone really be "gouged" for a luxury item?

If you bought an ounce of gold a couple years ago and went to sell it now, would you sell it for what you paid for it? Would selling it for current market value make you greedy? Would you be screwing over the person you sell it to?

gold is a different story since it is a commodity/ used for wealth and trading. guns as u said are a luxury item and really serve no value for trade much over the purchase price. collectibles are understandably raised in price due to rarity etc. much like gold brings good money due to rarity and can bring a good trade, but these everyday kind of guns, the ones that have no rarity or special marks that people ask a ridiculous amount for is in fact greed. trust me, im not trying to sound like a saint, but people are crazy with some of the prices they ask for used stuff. used stuff you can buy brand new for well under the asking price. if you bought a tv for $400, use it, and a couple months later you go to sell it for $550 when brand new in store is still $400. arent you trying to take advantage of a person unaware of the same tv selling for $150 less brand new?is that not greedy? the definition? no. but it is greed. but what can you do but move on and try to find another for sale for a realistic price. i just figured id chime in on the subject while it was up.

gold is a different story since it is a commodity/ used for wealth and trading. guns as u said are a luxury item and really serve no value for trade much over the purchase price. collectibles are understandably raised in price due to rarity etc. much like gold brings good money due to rarity and can bring a good trade, but these everyday kind of guns, the ones that have no rarity or special marks that people ask a ridiculous amount for is in fact greed. trust me, im not trying to sound like a saint, but people are crazy with some of the prices they ask for used stuff. used stuff you can buy brand new for well under the asking price. if you bought a tv for $400, use it, and a couple months later you go to sell it for $550 when brand new in store is still $400. arent you trying to take advantage of a person unaware of the same tv selling for $150 less brand new?is that not greedy? the definition? no. but it is greed. but what can you do but move on and try to find another for sale for a realistic price. i just figured id chime in on the subject while it was up.

You're right. Stuff like this happens all the time, its not just ARs. If people see that there is a shortage, they will take advantage of that! If you're stupid enough to pay, then thats your damn fault lol. I shall wait and buy later when the waters are calm.

My favorite part is all the noobs saying good deal or great price on 50 dollar Pmags. Sometimes I think it is just the seller creating multiple ghost accounts to bump his ad because nobody can really think that's a good deal

I havent listed firearms for a "crazy" price and sold 2 rifles to personal acquaintances at retail in the last week (also bought a great rifle from a great ODT'r as well), but folks on here dont know who has a medical hardship/no insurance, are underemployed, unemployed, lost their whole retirement and started over (think Worldcom), have kids in college, just got wiped out in a divorce, are facing forclosure, etc.

Thats why guns are liquid assets and other collectibles arent as much. If someone can fill the demand by these folks that want to pay $4k for a $1k rifle (who are going to do it from someone else if not the ODT- go look at other sites) and take care of their hardship needs or make life better for their family, they should do it. This isnt "gouging" (dont like the word) on something that deprives a family from heat after a disaster, this is an item that they buyer doesnt have to have in any way but is opting to pursue at any cost out of foolishness. I dont see that being different than Vegas taking fools money all day long or someone wanting to pay $2500 a seat to see the Bulldogs lose to the Tide and wake up with a broken bank and a hangover.

But by the grace of God, it could be anyone on here and if you had a gun you paid $800 for that would put a roof over your family's head and provide food for a bit longer (for example) you'd be a fool not to do it. If I would sell that $800 rifle to a stranger on here and deny my family the other $700 (if it would sell for $1500), am I a member of the brotherhood at the expense of screwing over my family?

I've been sitting on 2 Colt ARs, a Bushmaster and a Rocky Mountain Arms AR pistol as a result of the last ban. ( Brady Bill ) My guns are an investment and when and if I choose to sell one I expect to make a profit. For anyone to piss and moan (especially when the same individual sales used Glocks to green horns for above new gun costs ) I consider them to be childish among other terms I will not use.

Regarding tekjakets post. Yep, I took a bad hit on the Worldcom stock.

So,in closing for those who think our members should sell them ARs, lowers, uppers or mags at a below market price so they in turn can profit. Grow up.

^^ Truf. A lot of these queers who are *****ing about prices are the same ones who have had listings for a Glock 17 for over $500 in the recent years. They can eat all of the dicks.

Right now the market is based on fear and assumption. Once there is no gun ban, the idiots buying 100s of PMags and paying top dollar for them are going to feel foolish.

Yep, you can't fix stupid. And, fear is the great motivator here. Having more than enough, I'll wait until those idiots need to "dump" their truckload of PMAGs at below market price and clean up handily.

Back
Top Bottom