• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arsenal AKs gauging the market

My current favorite Russian AK, paid about same price as what a new Arsenal Bulgarian folder cost..

..but this one punches bigger holes at longer distances using surplus ammo :)

[Broken External Image]:
Which AK is that? I'm AK stupid but this thread is helping out.Never owned one. Gotta Mutant though and I Love the 762x39 rd , going suppressed as soon as possible (i've read it's about the same as 300blout suppressed)

Imported VEPR 1V with Russian folding stock in 16" barrel that's chambered in 7,62x54r (cartridge is similar size to 30-06 with performance of the .308), it's a Russian rifle, not a US put-together, although it's shipped in sporter configuration and made 922r compliant with just enough US parts.
That's Cool, i got a Mosin that was Crazy accurate till i started messin with it. Love 762x54

30 to 31 cents per round packed in weatherproof, lifetime-preserving sardine cans, housed inside a strong wooden crate that's belted by steel strapping is a bargain by today's standards.

20 years ago, McDonald's was paying $4.75 per hour and soon to be paying $15.

I agree, just a lot harder to find it at those prices than it used to be. I have a few Mosins, but 308 is my primary caliber in this range. I reload, so it is slightly more cost effective and versatile for me. I'm still on the fence about a 308 Vepr. I'd like to get one, but I'm stacked deep with 308 PMAGS and Vepr mags are expensive. I would love a Definitive Arms Vepr 308 PMAG conversion.

I've owned numerous AK's over the decades, including 2 Norincos back when they were common. The Arsenal I owned was by far my favorite....... built on a Saiga receiver. For fit and finish, reliability, and accuracy, it was unbeatable.

IMG_6597.JPG

Back
Top Bottom