• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

atf maybe???

I had something similar to that last week. I had a guy message me offering $600 for my Gen3 G22 if I would mail it to his home in New York...

What a profit I made!

Sound more like Bloomberg fudgepackers trying to do stupid ****, I say scam them and ask for the money first then report them to the ATF. But officer I was trying to illegally buy a gun over state lines, get my money back! like the idiots who call the cops when their dealer wont give them the crack they paid for

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-25 states that:

A person is not guilty of a crime if, by entrapment, his conduct is induced or solicited by a government officer or employee, or agent of either, for the purpose of obtaining evidence to be used in prosecuting the person for commission of the crime. Entrapment exists where the idea and intention of the commission of the crime originated with a government officer or employee, or with an agent of either, and he, by undue persuasion, incitement, or deceitful means, induced the accused to commit the act which the accused would not have committed except for the conduct of such officer.

Dial1911 is correct that you should never take the internet's legal advice (hard to sue the internet for malpractice!), so I'm posting this for discussion purposes only. I think that the defense atty, if someone got rolled up on a sting of this sort (if that is, in fact, what this is) would have a credible claim for entrapment, arguing that without the overpayment for the firearm, the person never would have committed the crime of selling across state lines. I'm not sure how a GA court would receive this argument, but the facts definitely point up the possibility of an entrapment defense.

O.C.G.A. § 16-3-25 states that:

A person is not guilty of a crime if, by entrapment, his conduct is induced or solicited by a government officer or employee, or agent of either, for the purpose of obtaining evidence to be used in prosecuting the person for commission of the crime. Entrapment exists where the idea and intention of the commission of the crime originated with a government officer or employee, or with an agent of either, and he, by undue persuasion, incitement, or deceitful means, induced the accused to commit the act which the accused would not have committed except for the conduct of such officer.

Dial1911 is correct that you should never take the internet's legal advice (hard to sue the internet for malpractice!), so I'm posting this for discussion purposes only. I think that the defense atty, if someone got rolled up on a sting of this sort (if that is, in fact, what this is) would have a credible claim for entrapment, arguing that without the overpayment for the firearm, the person never would have committed the crime of selling across state lines. I'm not sure how a GA court would receive this argument, but the facts definitely point up the possibility of an entrapment defense.

I know for a fact in cobb county, this does not work...

Hey if you are sure he's the ATF, tell him to PM me, I need him to approve my stamp!!!

I don't know if it was ATF or just someone trying to scam you but yeah, the answer to anyone without a valid in-state id has to be NO.

Back
Top Bottom