• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

We also allow or”facilitate” sales of SBRs and other NFA items. Only part we play is that we make sure it’s listed in a way that properly informs any potential buyer that there would be legal steps involved.
I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think that's exactly what spencer60 is saying. For the time being at least, a braced pistol is now an SBR.

This was probably already asked somewhere but I’m not going through 80 pages to find it sorry. Does anyone know if submitting just a stripped lower will work for the “free stamp”?

This was probably already asked somewhere but I’m not going through 80 pages to find it sorry. Does anyone know if submitting just a stripped lower will work for the “free stamp”?
According to the specific requirement of the new rule, it won't. You have to have been in possession of the assembled pistol with the brace on it at the time the rule was published in the federal register (the 31st of Jan). They request pictures of the serial number and manufacturer name on the firearm when submitting the free form 1. Do not construe this next bit as any sort of advice, but I don't know how they would know if it was assembled prior to then or not.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think that's exactly what spencer60 is saying. For the time being at least, a braced pistol is now an SBR.
And still not illegal to sell/transfer if done legally. Just like every other item on this site.
Okuma Okuma will decide how he wants it handled soon.

And still not illegal to sell/transfer if done legally. Just like every other item on this site.
Okuma Okuma will decide how he wants it handled soon.
Obviously, it's completely up to you guys how you want to handle things on your own site. But it should be noted that there is currently no way to legally sell/transfer a braced pistol. You would have to transfer it as an SBR using a Form 4, but you can't do that unless you already have an approved Form 1 for it. This isn't my personal opinion, this is guidance from the ATF.

Back
Top Bottom