• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

Not an attorney and this shouldn't be taken as legal advice, but in general: If you had only the pistol upper and only the rifle lower, yes. An assembled rifle and an assembled pistol, no.
Ha! You’re trying to use layman’s logic, not governmental entrapment.
And how about all those extra uppers sitting around?

Not an attorney and this shouldn't be taken as legal advice, but in general: If you had only the pistol upper and only the rifle lower, yes. An assembled rifle and an assembled pistol, no.
Yeah, I’m wondering about those completed pistol uppers that don’t have a permanent home, just sitting in the safe, waiting their turn on a lower.

I'm not clairvoyant by a long shot, but I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of "stunted" rifles out there (and probably already are)....just saying.

The ATF says you're "supposed" to note one your Form 1 that there are multiple uppers, or multiple uppers of different calibers associated with the lower, but I don't know that it's an actual requirement. So in general, you can have lots of short uppers as long as you have a registered lower to put them on.

There are so many competing opinions of what this all means, it’s a little hard to enforce. How are we to say, for instance, that the traders are not indeed handicapped and perfectly legal to use one?
I am not speaking as a site representative as Okuma has not made his decision yet. I am only thinking out loud.
Also, just FYI in regard to this, I found in the ATF Q&A that it's the configuration of the braced pistol which makes it an SBR, irrespective of whether or not the owner has a disability.

"19. IF I HAVE A DISABILITY AND NEED A “STABILIZING BRACE” TO OPERATE THE FIREARM (AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY DESIGNED AND INTENDED), DO I NEED TO REGISTER IT? • Yes, if the firearm with the “stabilizing brace” is an SBR, it needs to be registered within 120-days from the date of publication in the Federal Register."

Back
Top Bottom