• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

My problem with Ryan was that megacontract that they gave him after 2016.

So much money for a QB with no rings. He was not worth it. They couldn’t afford to acquire a decent o-line in FA because of that contract.

Anyway then the Falcons do the most idiotic thing possible and get rid of him yet somehow manage to keep themselves saddled with the cost. The last 4 years plus this year’s are/will be due to that contract.

Matt Ryan is not a bad quarterback. But he’s not an elite QB, either.
Perhaps you would prefer this dude cause he's black....

Kyler Murray signed a 5 year, $230,500,000 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $29,035,000 signing bonus, $160,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $46,100,000. In 2022, Murray will earn a base salary of $965,000 and a signing bonus of $29,035,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,669,481 and a dead cap value of $110,197,481.

Perhaps you would prefer this dude cause he's black....

Kyler Murray signed a 5 year, $230,500,000 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $29,035,000 signing bonus, $160,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $46,100,000. In 2022, Murray will earn a base salary of $965,000 and a signing bonus of $29,035,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,669,481 and a dead cap value of $110,197,481.
Not sure what race has to do with it, but I think it would be scary to bet so much on Murray. I don’t get it. He’s relatively tiny and he hasn’t put up phenomenal numbers.

Not sure what race has to do with it, but I think it would be scary to bet so much on Murray. I don’t get it. He’s relatively tiny and he hasn’t put up phenomenal numbers.

Sean Peyton once said that they ( NFL Teams /Players/Coaches ) were entertainers. Entertainers get paid big money to but on a show. If a movie bombs at the box office the actors paycheck is not voided. Same with a football teams win loss record.

Teams have to be able to manage the salary cap and develop the non superstar players in order to win more games than they lose. The Falcons have not been able to do these things.

Sean Peyton once said that they ( NFL Teams /Players/Coaches ) were entertainers. Entertainers get paid big money to but on a show. If a movie bombs at the box office the actors paycheck is not voided. Same with a football teams win loss record.

Teams have to be able to manage the salary cap and develop the non superstar players in order to win more games than they lose. The Falcons have not been able to do these things.
Maybe I was unclear. I can see paying big money for a proven qb in such a way that it makes the salary cap lopsided, stretched. I don’t think Murray is worth it. But I am just an armchair qb.

Back
Top Bottom