• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

Tevin Coleman got 4 touchdowns today for the 49ners. We sure could have used him today. Letting him go was a mistake because he's so fast in the open field.
Davonta Freeman was a better back at the time, but the way he runs downhill and initiates contact doesn’t last too long in the NFL at his size.

Davonta Freeman was a better back at the time, but the way he runs downhill and initiates contact doesn’t last too long in the NFL at his size.

Well...they had different roles. Tevin is not a pound the defense RB like Free, but he was a better all around player to me. He could carry from the backfield, run screens and catch passes mid field. Don't matter now as he's gone.

Well...they had different roles. Tevin is not a pound the defense RB like Free, but he was a better all around player to me. He could carry from the backfield, run screens and catch passes mid field. Don't matter now as he's gone.
I agree Tevin is a much better 3 down, well rounded back in the long run, but at the time the super bowl window was open and Freeman was hard to stop when our line was playing decent.

I agree Tevin is a much better 3 down, well rounded back in the long run, but at the time the super bowl window was open and Freeman was hard to stop when our line was playing decent.

Oh yeah - give Free an opening and he's hard to stop. Wish we could do that now.

Shanahan’s zone blocking scheme from his dad plays a role as well. Remember the random 1000 yard backs for the Broncos in the 90s including Terrell Davis who had 2000 yards rushing between the season and playoffs. Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary and the like.

Shanahan’s zone blocking scheme from his dad plays a role as well. Remember the random 1000 yard backs for the Broncos in the 90s including Terrell Davis who had 2000 yards rushing between the season and playoffs. Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary and the like.

I agree. The Falcons haven't been the same since Shannahan left. today Matt Schaub did the same thing that Matt Ryan does, put up big impressive stats while loosing the game.

HDD

Back
Top Bottom