• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

Such a beautiful love story.
FB_IMG_1539027591749.jpg

Calvin Ridley leads the league in TD catches with 6. Julio still has ZERO. How does that happen?
Every team in the NFL double teams Julio, because they have too and they know it, that opens it up for other receivers. Defensive coordinators will start to respect Ridley more and Julio will probably get more TD's.
Julio doesn't have to catch the ball to make a difference, just being on the field he ties up two defenders.

Everyone talking about Julio not getting TD's like it's a problem. They've been really good in the red zone this year. It's the banged up defense that's killing us.

I'm not a mindless pessimist like some of you, passing off crapping on the Falcons as some sort of wisdom. That said, the number of injuries that have happened this season makes this nothing at all like two seasons ago. If you're waiting for someone to say "it's just one game" then you might not want to hold your breath because this is a seriously dinged up roster. I'm impressed with a lot of what the Falcons are doing right now though.

2019 1st round pick? Defense. 2nd round pick? Defense. 3rd round pick? Defense.
I'm impressed also,best one and four team in the league,right.

I'm impressed also,best one and four team in the league,right.

True. The point I was trying to make is that it's not the same this season as it was during the Super Bowl season. If someone was ragging on the Falcons two seasons ago it was largely fanatical pessimism. This season, those key injuries, especially on defense, are another story. The Falcons offense is dangerous but when the other team plays a ball control offense Matt Ryan and gang might not be able to run up the score enough to compensate for the banged up, porous defense. There are major reasons to be concerned this season but I am watching and I think the core that's developing now could have Atlanta right back in contention come next season.

Back
Top Bottom