• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta homeowner charged with murder after allegedly shooting stranger found sleeping inside home

You have the Right to defend yourself no matter where you are, but just because someone is in your home does not mean they are a threat to you.

As for legitimate self defense cases being targeted for prosecution. Can you list a few so we can see what you're talking about?
Tell that to the parents of the students murdered in Idaho! What could I possibly think If I find someone in MY HOUSE uninvited other than they are going to hurt or kill me? Being drunk or high is NOT a legitimate excuse! If I find someone other than my wife or kids in my house, I'm assuming he/she is there to cause harm to me or my family! My job is to protect and If that means putting two to the chest and one to the head that's exactly what's going to happen!

Tell that to the parents of the students murdered in Idaho! What could I possibly think If I find someone in MY HOUSE uninvited other than they are going to hurt or kill me? Being drunk or high is NOT a legitimate excuse! If I find someone other than my wife or kids in my house, I'm assuming he/she is there to cause harm to me or my family! My job is to protect and If that means putting two to the chest and one to the head that's exactly what's going to happen!

I'd expect that if you were there, you could have (rightly) recognized that there was a threat of bodily harm, given that you would have seen the perp with a ****ing huge knife, going from bedroom to bedroom.

The issue here is a hypothetical trespasser who you find in your home offering no threat to your safety. Would that be a good shoot?

I believe and support a persons right to protect themselves and others from harm, even to protect their property, but I hope I'm never called to serve on a jury to judge someone who killed another human just for trespassing.
I second that one. I feel for anyone who has to serve as a juror for a murder case. Especially one who has mitigating factors. Anyone who has to condemn someone to life/death in prison I feel sorry for. I feel for anyone that has to take a life in any way, shape, or form honestly. Police are often judged harshly when they have to make split second decisions that result in loss of life, I feel for them as well.

I'd expect that if you were there, you could have (rightly) recognized that there was a threat of bodily harm, given that you would have seen the perp with a ****ing huge knife, going from bedroom to bedroom.

The issue here is a hypothetical trespasser who you find in your home offering no threat to your safety. Would that be a good shoot?

I don't play hypothetical games when it comes to protecting my family or home! If the stupid s.o.b stayed out of the house we wouldn't be having this debate. I'm with the homeowner 100% on this one. If a stranger is in my house uninvited, call the cororner.

I don't play hypothetical games when it comes to protecting my family or home! If the stupid s.o.b stayed out of the house we wouldn't be having this debate. I'm with the homeowner 100% on this one. If a stranger is in my house uninvited, call the cororner.

You're with the homeowner 100% on this one? We don't even know what went down.

I'd certainly want to know that before I hitched my wagon to another potential Ahmaud Arbery case. but by all means, you be you.

You're with the homeowner 100% on this one? We don't even know what went down.

I'd certainly want to know that before I hitched my wagon to another potential Ahmaud Arbery case. but by all means, you be you.
So if a stranger is in my house I'm supposed to believe he's selling Mary Kay products? You go ahead and play your game, I DON'T!

So if a stranger is in my house I'm supposed to believe he's selling Mary Kay products? You go ahead and play your game, I DON'T!

Me? I'd like to find out what he's doing in my house before I actually ventilated him. If his behavior when I encounter him or when I challenge him is threatening or could reasonably be interpreted as threatening , then I'd probably shoot him too.

Just as a clarifier, I'm not a lawyer, or an actor, so I don't even play a lawyer on TV, but to repeat what I noted earlier, GA residents don't even have the right to conduct a citizen's arrest now.

If you can't detain someone who is robbing your home or who was threatening you but then backed down from the attack and is no longer a credible threat, you KNOW that you're in a state that will definitely consider prosecuting you for discharging a firearm at a 'nonviolent' trespasser in your own home.

And if they'll do that, there's a good chance that unless you can absolutely defend your decision to shoot, you WILL end up being prosecuted.

Back
Top Bottom