• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention on Baiting

My opinion kinda takes the hunting out of it.

Pretty much shooting fish in a barrel at that point
Vast majority of people in the state are opposed for a variety of valid reasons. Doesn't matter. As usual the squeaky minority gets the grease. Even used an EO to further their agenda. Sound familiar?
"Hunters" are by and large just shooters. This aligns them. I'm honestly surprised it took this long.

Will i will say this you think HOG problems are bad in North GA Mtns now wait start seeing all these folks start baiting Hogs breed like rats 2 litters year Bear Numbers will increase to ( Plus Bears do prey on young deer fawns big hogs to my guess) alot lazy folks don,t want to learn how to hunt just want to kill something> Plus more chances for disease to spread

5D255161-72A3-401D-A7BC-637A77CE7763.jpeg

My opinion kinda takes the hunting out of it.

Pretty much shooting fish in a barrel at that point

Absolutely agree... Except we have had a place in the southern zone.. We didn't corn and did food plots... Neighbors up the road never do food plots, put out corn OCT 1st and kill monsters every year opening weekend....

It really sucks when you work all year long, and work the land and see a few nice ones , and walk away with very little.
During gun season you see empty corn bags scattered along the road where they have blown out of the truck beds...

We supplement with corn and minerals in the summer and stop prior to gun....

Not a fan of the new regs...it will be interesting to see what happens in January when the circus...errrrr...I mean the General Assembly returns to Atlanta. They tend to take a dim view of Executive branch end runs. New Governor then with new priorities but I have a feeling the Legislature will settle this one way or another legislatively. I wouldn't invest too much in corn feeders just yet! There are good people under the Gold Dome but some damn petty ones too!

With all due respect to DD and the others of us who can't manage the physical rigors we once did...I include myself in that category, age has caught up with me...but if the people hunting the properties around yours, do it, you may not see deer because they have gone nocturnal; the quality of your local herd may suffer if the biggest bucks are killed opening day; or they avoid your land because they didn't find corn there like they did everywhere else they roam. I think it lessens the chance for me to see a shootable sized buck once I've done my old school homework on where they are and how they are moving. To me it isn't OK for the guy next door to screw around with what happens on my property. I'll get off my soapbox now. I know, I know, in a few years, I'll be the old fart hollering at kids to "Get off my lawn!

Absolutely agree... Except we have had a place in the southern zone.. We didn't corn and did food plots... Neighbors up the road never do food plots, put out corn OCT 1st and kill monsters every year opening weekend....

It really sucks when you work all year long, and work the land and see a few nice ones , and walk away with very little.
During gun season you see empty corn bags scattered along the road where they have blown out of the truck beds...

We supplement with corn and minerals in the summer and stop prior to gun....

IMHO: I believe to each their own.... I haven't been hunting deer as long as a lot of you... but if you create food plots and hunt over them, how is that different than hunting over corn? You are still hunting over bait. You can call it whatever you want, but food plots are baiting the deer also..... they are just within the OLD law. I myself don't get the fishing in a barrel thing.... but once again, to each their own......

Back
Top Bottom