• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention on Baiting

Food plots have cost me a ton of money over the years..I only want to hunt for does and the meat..While the acorns and persimmons and pears are dropping, they don't come to my food plots..This limits the time that I can harvest does..I for one am glad to see this, I agree with the other post...If you don't want to bait, Don't!

I find it funny that people think this will drastically change things. This may change some deer patterns but the deer will still have patterns and you will still be able to hunt like you always did. Putting a pile of corn under your stand will not make a monster buck come sit there for hours during daylight. It just doesn't work like that.

IMHO: I believe to each their own.... I haven't been hunting deer as long as a lot of you... but if you create food plots and hunt over them, how is that different than hunting over corn? You are still hunting over bait. You can call it whatever you want, but food plots are baiting the deer also..... they are just within the OLD law. I myself don't get the fishing in a barrel thing.... but once again, to each their own......

I can see your point but being in a massive ag county it leveled the playing field with farms around our land and cabin.

For us shooting over corn is not how we choose to hunt.
In my view food plots and corn are apples and oranges

Yeah, that "sounds" great except it effects everyone and the herd.

If anyone believes that hunting over corn legally will change anything, they need only to have gone to any Walmart in the past few years and seen the 6 pallets of corn being sold every week.

The only difference now will be that the corn piles won't be as far from the road.

I find it funny that people think this will drastically change things. This may change some deer patterns but the deer will still have patterns and you will still be able to hunt like you always did. Putting a pile of corn under your stand will not make a monster buck come sit there for hours during daylight. It just doesn't work like that.

Cant disagree... but what it does on our property is bring in does... And where there are does, the bucks follow. Our rut in Washington County seems to fall around opening weekend to
Halloween. Second rut around Dec 1st...

Pre rut is late bow and Muzzleloader for us. We have seen and killed more bucks during Muzzleloader on average over the last 12 years

Cant disagree... but what it does on our property is bring in does... And where there are does, the bucks follow. Our rut in Washington County seems to fall around opening weekend to
Halloween. Second rut around Dec 1st...

Pre rut is late bow and Muzzleloader for us. We have seen and killed more bucks during Muzzleloader on average over the last 12 years
May have to dust off the smoke poles and go now that baiting is legal. I can harvest does before rifle season opens Yeehaw!

If anyone believes that hunting over corn legally will change anything, they need only to have gone to any Walmart in the past few years and seen the 6 pallets of corn being sold every week.In the Northern Zone

The only difference now will be that the corn piles won't be as far from the road.

but you can put a camera out and kill it at night with your thermal imaging scope on the corn while you hunt hogs

Back
Top Bottom