• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Attention on Baiting

I bare knuckle hunt in a loin cloth and facepaint!! Pshh aint no real hunters left. This guy here.

For years I planted a huge sunflower food plot in late fall. Then around Christmas I go out about mid day with a baseball bat and get a truckload of deer. They are all standing around, fat, and got their heads down in the green shoots. Easypeasy and no earplugs needed.

I can see your point but being in a massive ag county it leveled the playing field with farms around our land and cabin.

For us shooting over corn is not how we choose to hunt.
In my view food plots and corn are apples and oranges

I don't hunt over either... Big picture, they seem the same to me, hunting over the food they eat... One is grown on site, the other is grown else where and brought on the land. Still food. A food plot is grown specifically to draw in the deer. Same if someone trows corn out. But, to each their own...

I don't hunt over either... Big picture, they seem the same to me, hunting over the food they eat... One is grown on site, the other is grown else where and brought on the land. Still food. A food plot is grown specifically to draw in the deer. Same if someone trows corn out. But, to each their own...

Go read what the DNR calls a "legal" dove field. They establish several around the state every year with state money. It is baiting, plain and simple, and very easy to do if you get to spend other people's money to do it.

Deer "food plots" are the very same thing.

Well one you bushog, spread lime, and fertilizer, till in, and spread seed just as any agricultural practice. The other you put in the back of a truck, drive to insight of your stand, cut open 5 bags or so of corn, and dump in a pile drive to the next stop and repeat.

We have yearlong benefits of planting foodplots. We have had turkey in, and we have quail returned to our property. We also coyote hunt these areas hard off season with electronic calls, and rabbit decoys. We have had a lot of success killing Coyote's and Bobcats this way. Our turkey population and deer heard seem better for it. Native quail everytime we walkthrough the areas. A lot of wildbirds and dove feast on the millet. and we usually have a great dove shoot.

It also creates family time with my 2 son's who love to plant and work the land. we keep logs of what we plant, and when we plant. And log in day, date,and time, which stand
and what was seen. here's a pic at our cabin and land

All that were taken have the proud #NoCornPile..

IMG_0128.JPG

Well one you bushog, spread lime, and fertilizer, till in, and spread seed just as any agricultural practice. The other you put in the back of a truck, drive to insight of your stand, cut open 5 bags or so of corn, and dump in a pile drive to the next stop and repeat.

We have yearlong benefits of planting foodplots. We have had turkey in, and we have quail returned to our property. We also coyote hunt these areas hard off season with electronic calls, and rabbit decoys. We have had a lot of success killing Coyote's and Bobcats this way. Our turkey population and deer heard seem better for it. Native quail everytime we walkthrough the areas. A lot of wildbirds and dove feast on the millet. and we usually have a great dove shoot.

It also creates family time with my 2 son's who love to plant and work the land. we keep logs of what we plant, and when we plant. And log in day, date,and time, which stand
and what was seen. here's a pic at our cabin and land

All that were taken have the proud #NoCornPile..

View attachment 1679019

It sounds great.... Some people I guess don't find the pleasure you find or the time you have to plant food.... "Big picture" I still don't see the difference... There is food on the ground and you hunt over it.... I am not sure why people are so concerned with how the food got there. I think it would be great to have a bonding moment like you share with your sons.... I am sure others would ague that they are also sharing a bonding moment with their kids setting up their hunting spots.....

Back
Top Bottom