Back on my diet

As we've been "sheltering in place" we eat out most meals on the weekends to help out local businesses. Needless to say that does't work out to well for a diet. Meanwhile my son who needs to gain can't, even though he's not playing any sports right now. The way the body works is weird.

I'm down to 186. My goal is 175 for now. I've been doing cardio and weights to try to tone up. I can't seem to get rid of my love handles for nothing.
Those are the last to go for most people. Keep going, you’ll get there eventually. What’s your height?

Think positive with goals in mind. Make those goals realistic to meet. Make lifestyle changes. Put down the drink. Drink water. Wake up and drink a bottle of water immediately. Do a deadhang from a 20 dollar pull up bar thats mounted to your bathroom door. Start your day right and just keep pushing to do more and better than yesterday. Once you see improvements don't stop keep going.

I'm 28. I used to weigh 110 max in my XC and track days in highschool/college. Now I am 160. College and work made me eat **** and then I decided to enlist so now I have to bust ass to get where I used to be and ITS WORTH IT.

I decided about 3 or 4 months ago to start the C25k (couch to 5k program). It worked for the most part but you can throw in some HIIT sprints and such and get better results faster.

Now I run a mile a day most of the week, sometimes I will throw in a 1.5mile unless my allergies act up. I started to cycle in between because my legs needed a break from the neighborhood asphalt. In between that, I also do some weight lifting and pull up exercises.
Guys, diet is one thing, but make sure you are physically active as well. Also read a book here and there. Staying cognitively active and physically active = less chances of dementia and Alzheimer.
It is your body and mind, learn to appreciate it or lose it.

Back
Top Bottom