• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

bad guy killed in shootout

Somehow I feel a former Green Beret is very familiar with real life in a gunfight.

He's a bad ass. When you take into account what this man was able to pull off it's pretty remarkable when you think about it. Scum walks into his room while he's in the shower, has the drop on him while he is standing there butt naked, and he still manages to kill the guy while taking 3 shots himself, 2 in the abdomen. I can't say from experience but I have read many times a gut shot is one of the most excruciating there is..Yeah, not many guys could pull that off, I'm thinking. Let there be no doubt this scumbag picked the wrong room to break into, and the wrong man to **** with.

Not a happy ending. He'll probably have lingering medical issues from the abdominal gunshot wounds.

Which brings up the old argument. Would the thief have just taken their money and been on his way if the victim (De caro) not pulled his own weapon?

The "bad guy" shot first. From the story, "De Caro stood in front of a nightstand, where they had placed their legal, .35-caliber handguns. When the thug grabbed a briefcase and began firing at him, De Caro shot back as Russell ducked behind a piece of furniture."

Crazy story and glad to hear the good guy and gal survived. Man, Lynn Russell. Back in the early days of CNN I had a big crush on her.

Motel Six?

My wife would kill ME if I asked her to stay in a Motel 6!

Guess that CNN don't pay so good.

That's what I was thinking. Any know how Motel 6 got its name? Back in the day, when they first opened, the dollar actually had some value, and the price was $6 per night.

or you could just argue your position in a rational manner like a grownup...

Not every robber results in murder and rape. In fact the vast majority don't. But by choosing to defend himself and reach for a weapon, he escalated the confrontation to where one person died and another one wound up in critical condition. I guess he should have been wearing his plate carrier in the shower eh?

Real life isn't hollywood action movies. Sorry for harshing your macho fantasies.
Maybe the robber wouldn't have harmed them if they just cooperated. And he would be on to rob the next guy and the next guy and so and so on until he eventually did kill somebody. Maybe somebody you love. This man did the world a favor by killing this scum bag. An argument to just give up and let an armed criminal rob you is a weak argument that only serves to empower criminals.

You know, now that I think of it, the gun probably wasn't a .35 caliber.

Keystroke error.

I'm guessing .45 caliber. And he took the robber's soul, too!

Maybe the robber wouldn't have harmed them if they just cooperated. And he would be on to rob the next guy and the next guy and so and so on until he eventually did kill somebody. Maybe somebody you love. This man did the world a favor by killing this scum bag. An argument to just give up and let an armed criminal rob you is a weak argument that only serves to empower criminals.

Okay Uncle Ben...

Since this same thing keeps coming up, I must have written it wrong. I was not criticizing De Caro, or advocating "pacifism", just the juvenile response here.

Okay Uncle Ben...

Since this same thing keeps coming up, I must have written it wrong. I was not criticizing De Caro, or advocating "pacifism", just the juvenile response here.

Have you ever seen the end of Reservoir Dogs? Awesome ending!

Back
Top Bottom