• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

bad guy killed in shootout

By the way...there's not one damn thing "unclear" about this:

De Caro stood in front of a nightstand, where they had placed their legal, .35-caliber handguns. When the thug grabbed a briefcase and began firing at him, De Caro shot back as Russell ducked behind a piece of furniture.

Article is unclear on that.

And I was not at all arguing that or if he should have engaged the perp. My comment was that real life isn't like the movies. Even when you "win" a gunfight, you still lose. Even if it just the BS paperwork and court testimony you have to give.

The "loss" occurred when the perp entered the motel room. After that there was no way to expect a winning outcome. The outcome as it happened was about as good as could be expected.

You know its one of those things that could be a catch-22. Worst case scenario with a positive outcome is what happened. Dude took 3 bullets but was live to tell about it and his wife was unharmed. Sounds like a win to me. Flip side of that. The thug could have grabbed their guns, raped the wife, killed both of them and took their belongings. Or maybe even worst yet let them both live with what he had just done. I'd prefer the first scenario.

I was thinking about the whole Motel 6 thing too but realizing that they going cross country you aren't going to be staying in a 5 star hotel every night.

Article is unclear on that.

And I was not at all arguing that or if he should have engaged the perp. My comment was that real life isn't like the movies. Even when you "win" a gunfight, you still lose. Even if it just the BS paperwork and court testimony you have to give.
Somehow I feel a former Green Beret is very familiar with real life in a gunfight.

Back
Top Bottom