• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bayonets... possibly a good idea?

Are bayonets a good idea for dealing with unarmed idiots?

• Yes

• No

• Chalupas

Results are only viewable after voting.
At the moment pepper spray would be best deterrent and help keep your ass out of prison.
Once society falls fix your bayonets and stab away!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think a surplus bayonet only fits on rifle length and carbine length barrels, no mid length? Or rifle and mid but not carbine?
14.5" barrel + carbine length gas system = bayonet fits. 16" barrel + mid length gas system = bayonet fits. 18" barrel + intermediate length gas system = bayonet fits. 20" barrel + rifle length gas system = bayonet fits. I'm pretty sure that's the way it is. Also, all of that assumes you're using a FSB rather than a low profile gas block.

You can stick one on a carbine but it looks gayer than just the carbine.
palmettomoon palmettomoon I don't care what it looks like, I just know the sound it makes killing a man

Sooo a gun won't scare someone but a knife on the end makes the difference?
yeah. Lot's of cultures have long history with blades and less with guns. Many soldiers who served overseas would report people in markets barely gave 2 ****s about a dude with a rifle but put a bayo on it or pull a knife and everyone moved out of the way

Been stabbed, been shot. Both suck, but gettin' stabbed really sucks.
Nat Nat like at the same time? Those both seem like they would suck. story time?

I agree with the premise but I have always wondered what an impressionable jury would do when the DA flashes an evil gun with an evil-er blade on the end of it.
Seabass19x Seabass19x better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. and all that.

It's an interesting hypothesis.

Well damn it. Now I've got to buy a tomahawk. Wait, do you think a roofing hatchet would work? I've got one of those already...
J Jambo read this thread on ARF: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Show-me-your-ccw-hatchet-tomahawk/5-2397309/

it's what got me edumacated on hawks and their usefulness. I now have one in my truck full time, and used one around the house to limb trees.
Cold Steel also makes a sharp-as-**** copy of a Roman gladius sword that I would legit grab if SHTF. nobody messes with a greased up naked fat guy swinging Amazon purchased razor sharp copies of cold steel

I don't care what it looks like, I just know the sound it makes killing a man
steviesterno steviesterno First, nice Tropical Thunder reference, unsure if anyone else will catch it.
Cold Steel also makes a sharp-as-**** copy of a Roman gladius sword that I would legit grab if SHTF. nobody messes with a greased up naked fat guy swinging Amazon purchased razor sharp copies of cold steel
Second...
WTF!.gif

J Jambo read this thread on ARF: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Show-me-your-ccw-hatchet-tomahawk/5-2397309/

it's what got me edumacated on hawks and their usefulness. I now have one in my truck full time, and used one around the house to limb trees.

I'm totally going to start carrying my roofing hatchet now. 1) Cmshoot allows it. 2) If I can't chop them to death I can bust their fingers like a grapes.

But then again, I've got this Kukri....

I think it was in Grossman's "On Killing" book that afteraction interviews with soldiers post-combat saw an overwhelming psychological impact with the fear of being stabbed. This fear was evident in both our troops and enemy troops. There was just this strange fixation on the idea that being speared was worse than being shot.

I could be wrong on where that idea was posted, but I *think* it was in that book. I read it and went "Huh. Interesting."

Back
Top Bottom