• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beginnings of my reloading area

As @palmettomoon says, AMMO cans are your FRIEND!!
Cheap fun & EASILY found! letusbuyyourcar letusbuyyourcar !!
Wait what... somebody call me? Oh well the OP has a pretty good start going here. A while back we had some chemistry lab tables with slate tops that were supposedly acid resistant. One local guy bought 2 for ho's reloading setup. My only gripe with them is that's they're black and I could see myself losing small parts on them. Oh and did I mention they were heavy? Yeah for the size they are they're definitely heavy.

That's what I did. I bought a "scratch & dent" solid core door from Lowes and cut it down and mounted that to the top of the cheesy monkey wood bench top (Kobalt steel workbench). It works great. I even trimmed the edges with molding and stained it with very dark wood stain/sealer. It looks very posh and is a solid surface for anything I want to do.

My reloading bench top when I lived in Perry was a mineral filled core fill fire proof door my Dad got for me from his work. It was super heavy and dense. My bench top now is 2 pieces of plywood glued and pressed and screwed down to the frame I built.

BC8C84B0-8D2E-45E0-A100-A674CBFBC268.jpeg
I
F5B79A6D-7126-4BF0-8E71-FF4DF2FC5E63.jpeg

Saw this reloading table on the net and had to build one for myself. The presses are on dovetailed slides. Works great but was a PITA to build.
Same type of old kitchen table as in your photo. Trimmed the edge with a skill saw, had to cut some channels for the mounting bolts to clear the surface, then cut a new table top out of 3/4 melamine/ I had to use two boards for the depth as the stock sizes were too narrow to cover the entire top. Glued and bolted down with two dovetail slots for the presses. When not in use they store overhead in two more dovetail slots leaving a nice clean flat work area.

I finally got tired of the table, and built one into the basement...and NO...I have no humidly problems...wouldn't even notice if I did....I mean WFT...humidity...REALLY???come on man!!
DSC09818.JPG

As you get older you have to slow down. I have gone back to single stage press for rifle and am using an old 3 hole Lee for most small pistol loading. I got extra turrets but would like to get another 3 hole lee (complete parts) so my youngest can sit with me and load his own. He needs to learn that it doesn't come easy that old dad has to work hard to keep him shooting. So if anybody has one laying around dusty and unused holler at me. Thanks.

As you get older you have to slow down. I have gone back to single stage press for rifle and am using an old 3 hole Lee for most small pistol loading. I got extra turrets but would like to get another 3 hole lee (complete parts) so my youngest can sit with me and load his own. He needs to learn that it doesn't come easy that old dad has to work hard to keep him shooting. So if anybody has one laying around dusty and unused holler at me. Thanks.
you can find those on the "bay" often
good luck!!
more fun to load when there's company!!!

B0O0DG+5QGWexjw68VKXiA.jpg

The latest updates to the loading area...a vice for my drill to and the flag...also got some new lighting which is out of frame but works like a charm. Dillon press...I need it...NOW!!!!

Back
Top Bottom