• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bengals punter just got destroyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you can't handle how it is. It's a violent sport. If you don't want to get hut why not just sit on the bench.

Who said I couldn't handle it? And I did get hurt a few times, and I played through injuries. One should not make blind assumptions. No reason to come back in and stir the pot though.

The prerequisite to understanding this letter is to have encountered some of illegal hits's wheelings and dealings and to have realized how alabandical they are. I begin with critical semantic clarifications. First, honest people will admit that I think this is tragic. Concerned people are not afraid to keep illegal hits's apparatchiks at bay. And sensible people know that before illegal hits once again claims that going through the motions of working is the same as working, it should do some real research rather than simply play a game of bias reinforcement with its assistants. Although this has been overlooked or ignored by the established scientific community, illegal hits has gotten away with so much for so long that it's lost all sense of caution, all sense of limits. If you think about it, only an organization without any sense of limits could desire to take the robes of political power off the shoulders of the few honest people who wear them and put them upon the shoulders of misguided chuckleheads.

Illegal hits's ability to capitalize on the economic chaos, racial tensions, and social discontent of the current historical moment can be explained in large part by the following. There is still hope for our society, real hope-not the false sense of hope that comes from the mouths of ill-natured spivs but the hope that makes you eager to drag it in front of a tribunal and try it for its crimes against humanity. Illegal hits uses opportunism to tear down everything that can possibly be regarded as a support of cultural elevation. That's the large elephant in the room that nobody ever talks about. Nevertheless, I maintain that people really ought to start talking about it because then they'd realize that illegal hits never stops boasting about its generous contributions to charitable causes. As far as I can tell, however, its claimed magnanimousness is thoroughly chimerical, and, furthermore, I overheard one of illegal hits's spin doctors say, "Illegal hits is clean and bright and pure inside." This quotation demonstrates the power of language as it epitomizes the "us/them" dichotomy within hegemonic discourse. As for me, I prefer to use language to shoo illegal hits away like the annoying bug that it is.

In spite of all illegal hits has done, I must admit I really like the organization. No, just kidding. The truth is that in order to keep our courage up we must guide the world into an age of peace, justice, and solidarity. And that's just the first step. Remember, illegal hits would have you believe that ebola, AIDS, mad-cow disease, and the hantavirus were intentionally bioengineered by wild riffraff for the purpose of population reduction. I have already, for the present at least, sufficiently answered the climatic part of this proposition and have only to add that the most maledicent ideologues you'll ever see are burdened with the preconceived ideas or feeble understanding of the circles to which they previously belonged both politically and philosophically. That represents yet more evidence-as if we needed more-that by writing this letter, I am definitely sticking my head far above the parapet. The big danger is that illegal hits will retaliate against me. It'll most likely try to force me to dig my own grave and pay for the shovel although another possibility is that it insists that drug money is being used to pay for the construction of huge underground cities intended to house both humans and aliens who serve a secret, transnational shadow government. This fraud, this lie, is just one among the thousands they perpetrates.

With friends like illegal hits, who needs enemies? I mean, I realize that some people may have trouble reading this letter. Granted, not everyone knows what "disdenominationalize" means, but it's nevertheless easy to understand that illegal hits avers that it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury. As you can no doubt determine from comments like that, facts and illegal hits are like oil and water. Unlike everyone else in the world, illegal hits seriously believes that no one is smart enough to see through its transparent lies. Woo woooo! Here comes the clue train. Last stop: illegal hits.

There is a proper place in life for hatred. Hatred of that which is wrong is a powerful and valuable tool. But when illegal hits perverts hatred in order to reduce us to acute penury, it becomes clear that once in a blue moon, which is still far too often, one encounters the lie that it can override nature. A quick way to refute this myth is to note that if illegal hits is going to talk about higher standards then it needs to live by those higher standards. Who else but illegal hits would have the brass to rot out the foundations of our religious, moral, and political values? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that it can retreat into its "victim" status if anyone calls it to account. Illegal hits is a shoo-in for this year's awarding of "most offensive use of jingoism". And that's why I say to you: Have courage. Be honest. And strengthen our roots so we can weather the storms that threaten our foundation. That's the patriotic thing to do, and that's the right thing to do.

I'm sure he is upset, because it was one of Bengals players that got de-cleated. I bet if a Bengals player did that to the steelers punter he would be ok with it.

Of course, since it was a Steelers player he is a low life thug, but let it be a Bungles player and he is a flippin hero.

Wow...you guys are batting .000 today dudes. Wrong again. I coached my son's pee wee football team and I always instilled a level of class in them that goes beyond hurting an opponent.

I dislocated a guys shoulder, I felt bad for him but it was a good clean hit, he came thru the hole, I wrapped him up in a almost perfect form tackle and just drove him into the ground. He layed there and I later found out his shoulder was dislocated. Was it not classy that I put a perfect hit on him and he got hurt?

It's part of the game.

You take a risk of getting hurt every time you decide to strap it on and walk into that field knowing that you may not walk off of it

I dislocated a guys shoulder, I felt bad for him but it was a good clean hit, he came thru the hole, I wrapped him up in a almost perfect form tackle and just drove him into the ground. He layed there and I later found out his shoulder was dislocated. Was it not classy that I put a perfect hit on him and he got hurt?

It's part of the game.

You take a risk of getting hurt every time you decide to strap it on and walk into that field knowing that you may not walk off of it

Adam,

I agree with you, however if you would've been better informed about this discussion you would've seen that the discussion was not about physicality and injury in sports, but rather the NFL rules, the severity and necessity of the hit and whether the hit was legal. The NFL is clear about helmet to helmet contact and defining a defenseless player. There's been absolutely ZERO argument from myself or Strider that football as well as hockey and other contact sports are sports that involve contact and physicality and thus injury. However there are rules that have been defined to protect players, their careers and their lives that must be followed. In this case, Garvin made helmet to helmet contact and laid out a defenseless player (as defined in the NFL rulebook).

Now please rather than stirring the pot just for stirring sake, don't make me regret complimenting your kydex work yesterday. :)

Adam,

I agree with you, however if you would've been better informed about this discussion you would've seen that the discussion was not about physicality and injury in sports, but rather the NFL rules, the severity and necessity of the hit and whether the hit was legal. The NFL is clear about helmet to helmet contact and defining a defenseless player. There's been absolutely ZERO argument from myself or Strider that football as well as hockey and other contact sports are sports that involve contact and physicality and thus injury. However there are rules that have been defined to protect players, their careers and their lives that must be followed. In this case, Garvin made helmet to helmet contact and laid out a defenseless player (as defined in the NFL rulebook).

Now please rather than stirring the pot just for stirring sake, don't make me regret complimenting your kydex work yesterday. :)

My point is, that this stuff happens. I have read the thread. Like what has been said earlier, if a punter is a defenseless player then get him off the field once he's kicked the ball. If he is going to try and make a play then he is no longer defenseless. They changed the point at where the kick off is made from to keep players from returning kick offs.

I watched a high school football game this year, my old school, they finally won their first in 58. I was cheering for the running back who put his head down and plowed thru a couple if players to gain the extra couple yards for a first down only to see a flag thrown and a penalty on the running back for lowering his pads.

Look at the hit, he lead with his shoulder, the reason the helmet made contact was due to the angles of each player. He did not lead with his helmet. His shoulder pad was right in the guys chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom