• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bengals punter just got destroyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened? Did someone hit you to hard?

Very. All the time. Never suffered a cheap shot though and never delivered one. A guy on my HS team did get a cheap shot similar to this though. We took care of it on the ice. But you wouldn't know about that because I'm sure you've never played anything at a high level.

Anxiously awaiting your next childish response. :pop2:

Well, if you were referring to me, then you are sorely mistaken. I mainly played as an outside linebacker in the 4-3 and would occasionally play full back in high school. If you saw my frame you'd understand why. But keep taking cheap shots at me, that's not the point. The point being, it's unnecessary to end a guy's season (especially Huber who was a leading All-Pro candidate at punter) and perhaps career gone with a stupid cheap shot.

It was not a cheap shot, It was a good block. A cheap shot is to hit him while he is punting. That when he is defenesless. He was going after the runner and therefore his team mates took him out!

It was not a cheap shot, It was a good block. A cheap shot is to hit him while he is punting. That when he is defenesless. He was going after the runner and therefore his team mates took him out!

So I assume you are disagreeing with the rules of contact that have been instituted by the NFL.

Article 12.2.7(a)(6), "a kicker/punter during the kick or during the return" qualifies as being in a "defenseless posture."

So I assume you are disagreeing with the rules of contact that have been instituted by the NFL.

So are you not to block him while he is going after the runner?? He deserved to get his clock cleaned. I guess it would have been ok if the runner lower his shoulder and destroyed the punter instead. The team mates did their job!!!

So are you not to block him while he is going after the runner?? He deserved to get his clock cleaned. I guess it would have been ok if the runner lower his shoulder and destroyed the punter instead. The team mates did their job!!!

To be clear, the rule goes on to say 12.2.7.(b)(1): "Forcibly hitting the defenseless player's head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet or facemask is lower than the passer's neck...".

Therefore, it is legal to block, hit and stop the "defenseless player" but you cannot hit them in the head or neck area. I would say that this hit was illegal based on that.

Like I said before and I will repeat yet again. There's a difference between pushing a guy down or putting some shoulder pads into his chest versus leading with your helmet and lunging at the punter making helmet to helmet contact.

Let me guess. You watch NASCAR for the crashes, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom