Best and fastest way to get a suppressor in Cherokee Co?

blake

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
177   1
Reaction score
I've perused the threads on here and am looking for some guidance on getting a suppressor. I live in Cherokee County. Would I be best served to go talk to the folks at CG&P or Big Woods? Does the suppressor work like a SBR where I can keep it at Big Woods and use it on the range until the Form 4 is approved?

As I understand it the suppressor can be used on any of my guns that it fits, correct?

Cherokee doesn't have a range so you'll have to wait until the stamp comes back before you can take deliver of it and use it. I've brought all of my suppressors from them, they allow you to put it on layaway too so my vote is for @CHEROKEE GUN

As far as what "fits". Its moreso a question of whats it rated for. For example some 9mm cans will fit on a 300BLK rifle, you can even shoot .300blk through it since it fits but some 9mm cans are only rated for 300blk subsonic ammo and on semi auto only. Its just important to remember what can you're attaching to what rifle and what ammo is going to be coming out of said rifle. You dont want to put your 5.56 can on your AR-10.

None of them are going to make you get it faster. They don't have special pull with the ATF. However, some places like Bullseye will let you use them while you're waiting on the stamp. That is pretty cool I imagine.

I always buy my stuff from Cherokee Gun but I shoot at Big Woods all the time. Do they handle suppressors as heavily as Cherokee Gun does? Can I only use one during the waiting period if it's something they have in stock or can I have another retailer transfer it to them (online seller) and use it on the range while I wait?

Cherokee doesn't have a range so you'll have to wait until the stamp comes back before you can take deliver of it and use it. I've brought all of my suppressors from them, they allow you to put it on layaway too so my vote is for @CHEROKEE GUN

As far as what "fits". Its moreso a question of whats it rated for. For example some 9mm cans will fit on a 300BLK rifle, you can even shoot .300blk through it since it fits but some 9mm cans are only rated for 300blk subsonic ammo and on semi auto only. Its just important to remember what can you're attaching to what rifle and what ammo is going to be coming out of said rifle. You dont want to put your 5.56 can on your AR-10.

Sorry, I meant legally, not mechanically. As in the suppressor is not legally tied to one gun, correct?

Buy a can that can be "down sized" by caliber if possible. By changing out pistons on 45 pistol can you can shoot 45,40,9mm and such. Same with a 30 cal can you can shoot 223. If you got a 223 can mounted on a 308 and pulled the trigger, think major malfunction and a ruined can, maybe gun, and maybe shooter. You will have to talk to the LGS and see if they will let you shoot your can while it is waiting for a stamp.

Like Lazarus said, not all cans are rated the same. Full auto, barrel length restrictions, ammo (sub or full power) restrictions and such should be part of your decision before you spend you money and start your wait.

You can't buy it at one store and have it shipped to one down the road to shoot unless they Form 3 it to the other dealer. You would have to wait for that to clear before you could send in your Form 4 thereby making the wait time longer.

Back
Top Bottom