• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Handgun for a rank novice?

Pepper spray, knife, or a stick....

Seriously, someone who has no mechanical abilities and won't train to use their tools ( firearm) shouldn't have them. It can end up being used against them in a life or death situation.

Remember, We don't rise to the occasion but fall to our level of mastered training.

A good quality, "professional " tazer would be my recommendation, or a larger, very bright handheld flashlight.

If he’s that mechanically inept as you say, I’d just tell him to give up the keys, wallet, and the watch without a fight, don’t look the bad guy in the face and count his blessings if he doesn’t get raped too.

Seriously. 😐

Otherwise, take a class or two…or three.

Here is a 4 inch revolver in 357. Fits the bill perfectly. It was my first handgun also and is still my go to for home defense. I also have a AR-15 in close proximity to where I sit just in case I run out of bullets in the revolver. Now if he ask about a budget AR-15 in the future don't you dare mention Bear Creek Arsenal. If you do you might as well go ahead and shoot him in the head then! 🤣
IMG_20230618_201310933.jpg

Here is a 4 inch revolver in 357. Fits the bill perfectly. It was my first handgun also and is still my go to for home defense. I also have a AR-15 in close proximity to where I sit just in case I run out of bullets in the revolver. Now if he ask about a budget AR-15 in the future don't you dare mention Bear Creek Arsenal. If you do you might as well go ahead and shoot him in the head then! 🤣 View attachment 7096821
Wait...BCA makes pistols, too? :hungry:

I have a bud, in Alabama mind you, who bought his wife a taser pistol, as she hates firearms.
The one and only time she pulled it from her purse, she buried both barbs in the top of her own foot.
Woke up later with a cop looking down at her with a large grin on his face. :thumb:

Do you have any idea how intimidating it is to get your aggression on, and approach a woman with felonious intent, and for her to pull out a taser and tase HERSELF right in front of you, like it's some kind of dare?

Badass!

Another vote for the .38/.357 revolver. My preference would be DAO since I am aware of an instance where the homeowner cocked his revolver to single action and then was too nervous to try and decock it. 😆
I knew a guy years ago who was walking through the woods with a holstered Blackhawk 44 and when he started climbing in his K10 it went off and went in around the thigh and back out above the ankle. Couldn't believe he still had a leg. I assume the hammer got caught on limbs or something like that and cocked it.

Back
Top Bottom