• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Handgun for a rank novice?

Pepper spray, knife, or a stick....

Seriously, someone who has no mechanical abilities and won't train to use their tools ( firearm) shouldn't have them. It can end up being used against them in a life or death situation.

Remember, We don't rise to the occasion but fall to our level of mastered training.

A good quality, "professional " tazer would be my recommendation, or a larger, very bright handheld flashlight.
Well there IS a company called Byrna that makes peoperball guns that use C02 cartridges. Every review/test I watched had the "Attacker" or more accurately "Guinea Pig" coughing tearing, snotting everywhere and gagging for several minutes after being hit . Hell some of them weren't even hit by the ball. It just hit the area next to them. Only downside is they cost more than several new 9mm pistols.

Glock.

I’ll vote against a DA revolver. If they aren’t willing to be quite a bit of training with it, they’ll never hit with a DA revolver, or a DAO semi-auto for that matter. It’s the trigger-type I’m voting against, not the revolver itself.
See now I initially thought that a DAO auto might fit the bill since it's a long heavy trigger pull and it's that same exact pull every time. Kind of a no surprise thing I guess.

Glock.

I’ll vote against a DA revolver. If they aren’t willing to be quite a bit of training with it, they’ll never hit with a DA revolver, or a DAO semi-auto for that matter. It’s the trigger-type I’m voting against, not the revolver itself.
HK DAO W/ LEM Trigger…… and training

Jeezuz, have him get some ****ing training. That’ll matter more than the brand of handgun.
Shhhhh nobody likes training here this is just the place to eat doritos drink mt dew and argue about what gun is better. This is mostly the boomer/fudd flatrange crew sponsored by uncle mikes.

Glock.

I'm confused...

You say Glock but then say they will never hit with a DAO... I know I've been sniffing glue today though.

Back
Top Bottom