• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Hiking Shoe, arch support and value

What shoe?

• Merrell

• Keen

• Stick with Danner

• Other (Please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have plantar fasciitis as well. Drives me crazy trying to find shoes and boots that don't kill my foot. I can try them on in the store and walk around, they seem fine. Purchase them and wear them for half a day and never put them on again because they are killing me.

I have had good luck with Garmont boots myself. Also Montrail but I don't think they make them any more. I have tried many other with little success (Asolo, Lowa, Keen, Merrel, you name it)

Recommendations don't always work out because what works for one person may not for the other. I just have to find out by (expensive) trial and error unfortunately.

Lots of great boots out there for "normal" people but dealing with plantar fasciitis is a whole other bag or worms. I still can't figure out what that one little thing that works or doesn't for me. Wish I could

Castor oil and morning toe stretching really do help with the fascia issues. The castor oil gets down in thar.

I also cut the toeboxes outta some of my socks so my toes can spread out in my keens.

I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I wear Keen's everyday. Sometimes I'll need to wear an insert if the pain becomes too bad. I tried Merrel's but they hurt my feet even worse

I've had 3 surgeries for plantar issues. Total of about 75 stitches from surgeries. I ended up getting inserts from doc. I've got to change them into whatever I have on at the time.
I've got a pair of Mendel's hikers that have done well so far. I haven't had to have inserts for them. They are stiff at first but getting better as time goes on.

I hike in trail runners. I’ve had probably 5 pairs of North Face Hedgehogs over the years. I’ve also had La Sportiva, Keen, Salomon, Oboz, Brooks and Saucony - all waterproof. No matter what I spend, they last no more than 6 months. I’m hard on shoes and put a lot of miles on them.

Back
Top Bottom