• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best reloading equipment.

Press Hornady LNL AP and a single stage as well.
Yes finicky like all APs are but once you tune and know how to run it you'll pump out 1k in about 2 hours or less.
Powder drop....surprises people but mine is dead on round after round. 1.7g of bulleye for my .32 450 rounds later all my checks came out 1.7

223 at 24.7g h335 same thing after 2k run. Just gotta tune it all. But that's with blue or green as well.

Other time savers.

Wet tumble get the red or newer black once. Food dehydrator and a spinner to separate media pins and brass.

Then giraud for both trimming (does all three trims at once) you can easily run 25 rounds a minute.

Giraud annealer. I anneal every time. My brass lasts forever it seems and my testing shows anneal every time not only extends the brass life but maintains consistent accuracy. Every third would slip in some flyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY bad!
that is the price per 500, got my math messed up!
they do often offer a 10-15% off special with free shipping and often offer free shipping
you can also do a 5.00 shipping fee on up to 1500 bucks worth of bullets I think it is.
I DON"T WORRY ABOUT THE COST OR HOW FAST, I JUST ENJOY RELOADING IT"S ANOTHER HOBBYJUST SIT DOWN IN THE RELOADING ROOM NO PRESSURE"S RELAX AND DO A FEW BULLETS UNTIL I GET TIRE. NO GREAT EXPECTATIONS. JUST ENJOY WHAT YOU DO

Lee hand press. Best 50 bucks I've spent! I've rolled out thousands of rifle rounds at work when I got the time. Precision single stage rcbs, or redding. Progressive dillon hands down

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have used almost all of them over many years of reloading. Dillon is the best all the way around. I prefer the 650. 1050 is a great machine but the time to change calibers makes it less desireable to me than the 650 and I own both. I have used RCBS, Hornady, Lee and for Rifle and Pistol and interchangeability the 650 is the way to go.

I use the Dillon 550 with Dillon dies and other manufacturer's dies when I have a lot of reloading to do.
But I use the RCBS rockchucker that I have had for over 40 years for the precision reloading using Forester dies (i.e. 300 weatherby, 338 lapua, 220 swift, 17 tactical).
A word of caution on using digital scales and powder measures. I have both but had accuracy problems for a while until I discovered that the ballast in florescent lights over my reloading bench were causing the scales to loose calibration. The receptacle for the scale was on the circuit as the lights so I had to move the receptacle to another circuit and it cleared up the problems. Great devices to have. But when loading precision rifle ammo I use a balance beam scale (RCBS 10-10).

I use a Lee turret press and it has served me very well as a staring press. I use the auto-advance for doing slightly more volume .45 ACP and 300 Blackout reloading where volume is a higher priority than ultimate accuracy. When I'm reloading for my 25-06, 270 or my son's 308 I'll pull out the auto-advance and use it as a single stage press. If all you're doing is rile and trying to squeeze the most accuracy feom the rounds, a single stage press with quick-swap bushings (so you don't have to recalibrate your dies everytime) is perfectly usable. If you're only shooting pistol, AR's or other high-volume endeavors regularly, a progressive press will be your friend. Recognize that, like your rifles, if you get serious enough about it you'll find yourself picking up additional tools that fill a perceived niche, but for me my Lee turret occupies enough of that middle ground for now......I guess you could say it's like the 308 of presses in my opinion.

I use a Lee turret press and it has served me very well as a staring press. I use the auto-advance for doing slightly more volume .45 ACP and 300 Blackout reloading where volume is a higher priority than ultimate accuracy. When I'm reloading for my 25-06, 270 or my son's 308 I'll pull out the auto-advance and use it as a single stage press. If all you're doing is rile and trying to squeeze the most accuracy feom the rounds, a single stage press with quick-swap bushings (so you don't have to recalibrate your dies everytime) is perfectly usable. If you're only shooting pistol, AR's or other high-volume endeavors regularly, a progressive press will be your friend. Recognize that, like your rifles, if you get serious enough about it you'll find yourself picking up additional tools that fill a perceived niche, but for me my Lee turret occupies enough of that middle ground for now......I guess you could say it's like the 308 of presses in my opinion.

Certainly my absolute favorite press of all times! I say this with 4 decades of reloading experience behind me ...

Back
Top Bottom