• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

put 50lb's of salt in the prepper corner today!!!
DSC09989.JPG

Will let this thread know when we have more sheep for sale. They can live on a very small piece of land, provide food, wool, and, well, some folks find them entertaining. Because they make funny noises.

I’m 100% with you on the teeth problems. I just had some pulled a couple weeks back. I’m thinking about at this time to just get them all pulled. Cause all my teeth are broken are have low gum lines, it runs in my family. I refused to take any medication for anything I’ll set in the corner balled up in pain before I take a pill of any sort. So I just get mine pulled half of all my lower teeth have been pulled, now I’m working on the top.
My uncle was an Army medic that was embedded with Special Forces. He told me a story that these guys would have bullet wounds and broken bones and still fight. But, when it came to toothache they would be completely incapacitated. They would tell him that he needs to fix the toothache right now. Tooth pain is a different pain altogether and shouldn't be overlooked when preparing.

One big blunder is not having any useful skills outside of technology. Under most SHTF scenarios, labor/trade skills will be the most useful. It doesn't help much if a guy can use correct English, build a website or interface with a data base if the internet is down and most computers are as well. Face it, many modern guys don't even know how to operate a screwdriver. Forget electrical, plumbing, basic maintenance, etc., etc..

I think it's not knowing exactly where to go. I have a place picked out about 20 miles in the woods. Fresh unpolluted water source ( another blunder, not planning for enough ). The biggest time consumer is finding a spot to bug out to if you don't have a bunker. I think there will be enough time initially to have a little bit more time to get stuff that you're going to need together and in your mode of transportation but knowing exactly where to go and the route you're going to go it's going to be the biggest setback. Also not planning for enough of food initially until you learn how to live off the land and gather and Hunt food sources. I am sure there are hundreds of more things that I haven't spoken of but I think those are going to be two of the most important. A lot of people are preppers don't hunt and or have never hunted much and that's going to be a problem because hunting is a a science and an art it's just not walking into of the woods and blasting something.

My uncle was an Army medic that was embedded with Special Forces. He told me a story that these guys would have bullet wounds and broken bones and still fight. But, when it came to toothache they would be completely incapacitated. They would tell him that he needs to fix the toothache right now. Tooth pain is a different pain altogether and shouldn't be overlooked when preparing.
Yep that’s true. You have so many nerves in your face, when the roots in your tooth go bad. It’s the worst.

I really have it made here because I have family that live on 400 acres. I also have friends that I grew up with and they have hundreds of acres of land with domiciles on it crude some little dangerous but could be brought up snuff. So my choices there are unlimited. That's the one good thing about living up in the mountains. People that live dead smack in the middle of the city I feel for because people are going to be running for the hills and it's just going to be a chaotic situation. I could be in my three places of sanctuary in 40 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom