• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

Hunting will definitely be a help, but the big animals will be wiped out in months, even hogs.

Having an accurate 22 and learning to headshot squirrels and other varmints will be a better, long term strategy.

I think everyone is overestimating the capabilties of an average person. The overwhelming majority cannot do a lot of independent tasks. You really think some college kid, SJW, or professional victim living in Atlanta would be able to kill a squirrel and clean it? What would they kill it with? How would they properly skin/clean it? How would they find and purifiy water? I think we are all assuming that everyone is like us and has some bare bones survival, hunting, practical skills, which isnt the case at all.

I mean, there are a significant number of americans who can't walk a quarter mile without getting winded. You expect them to forage for food? Dont underestimate the masses, but dont overestimate them either. I've been in planning for operations where bosses and peers what if the scenarios to the point that any plan is not feasible. Have a 90% solution, stick to it, make adjustments as necessary to compensate for changes / issues along the way.

Fisheries are a great source of protein, and have the reproductive efficiency to vastly outproduce primitive harvesting. A rod and reel will get you more protein than a rifle, if there's too much hunting pressure.

No, it's not as romantic as a man with his rifle roughing it out in the post-apocalyptic woods, but you can feed yourself with a canepole, line, hooks, and bait, as people have done in remote places for thousands of years.

I think everyone is overestimating the capabilties of an average person. The overwhelming majority cannot do a lot of independent tasks. You really think some college kid, SJW, or professional victim living in Atlanta would be able to kill a squirrel and clean it? What would they kill it with? How would they properly skin/clean it? How would they find and purifiy water? I think we are all assuming that everyone is like us and has some bare bones survival, hunting, practical skills, which isnt the case at all.

I mean, there are a significant number of americans who can't walk a quarter mile without getting winded. You expect them to forage for food? Dont underestimate the masses, but dont overestimate them either. I've been in planning for operations where bosses and peers what if the scenarios to the point that any plan is not feasible. Have a 90% solution, stick to it, make adjustments as necessary to compensate for changes / issues along the way.
no...BUT they will have the ability to kill you for the squirrel you just cooked....

Back
Top Bottom