• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Biking or Cycling for exercise

What do the pros call this so I don't sound like a complete noob ...

• Cycling?

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Biking?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I'll stick with tacos?

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
I'm sure there's some guys on here that bike. I'm thinking about getting into it. I'm just hesitant on dropping coin on a bike and then end up not using it. I might put a WTB ad up and maybe try and trade someone for guns/ammo whatever. I have plenty of places to ride close to me and would certainly help me get into better shape. A guy in my office is in several cycling clubs and loves it. He recommended a Surly bike. He also mentioned that a lot of bike shops will let you do a trial period. Has anyone gotten into this sport recently and what are your thoughts?
Well what'd you get up to? It's certainly time to ride no matter what type bike or trail!

Every year I buy a cheap yard sale bike, ride it about a half mile and then find someone to give it to.. just gave one away 2 wks ago.. I always think it will be good for me( and it would be) but I lose desire very fast with it.. good luck.. maybe it’ll work out for you

Tacos go with cycling and biking and pretty much anything else. Funny how so many bike rides i've been to end at a Mexican joint for tacos, chips and beer!

When I tell people I rode my bike today or rode somewhere they always think I mean a Harley, not sure why a Harley but maybe it's because I'm fat.

when I 1st got into fitness, I walked / ran. then my cousin gave me a bike rack. I never walked / ran again. cycling is just so much more fun. I don't road cycle alone though, unless it's on a trail. nowadays I do more ZWIFT than actual outside riding.

I love it. Been cycling off and on since 1967 when I got a 5-speed Schwinn with a banana seat. Cycling equals freedom! But I can't stand an indoor cycling trainer -- it's not comfortable, and I feel no forward progress. You need a good bike, a good shop to dial it in correctly and give you advice, and maybe a local club that has regular rides for people of all shapes, sizes, and speeds (beginners). My bike is a Specialized road bike I bought in about 1995, and I've modified it a lot. I recently added a Brooks leather saddle and I'm anxious to break that in over the summer. Similar to jogging, cycling is more mental than physical -- you have to get accustomed to long periods of time without electronic distractions. But make it fun -- don't measure, just ride because it's fun. The fitness will come naturally.

Edited to add that Surley is a great brand.

Back
Top Bottom