• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bill of sale for a trade?

Instead of a BOS, I'm going to require any buyer I sell to or trade with, to do an interpretive dance. It should be entitled "The Dance of Exoneration" and it should be done with great emotion and conviction.

[video]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3b3f14ffcb5d5495f7ee91b1d4225ff9/tumblr_mj00vzbHeM1rvm7dho1_500.gif[/video]

tumblr_mj00vzbHeM1rvm7dho1_500.jpg

Instead of a BOS, I'm going to require any buyer I sell to or trade with, to do an interpretive dance. It should be entitled "The Dance of Exoneration" and it should be done with great emotion and conviction.

[video]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3b3f14ffcb5d5495f7ee91b1d4225ff9/tumblr_mj00vzbHeM1rvm7dho1_500.gif[/video]

View attachment 217401

LOL what the hell

Just do a normal BOS and instead if price out what you traded. And the opposite for the other person.
If you feel more comfortable with a BOS then do one, don't let these guys buffalo you.

BOS can be useful, but is not absolute proof someone did not commit a crime. But it is a tool that could be used to exonerate someone.

Please cite.

Until you have been extradited from CO to NC WITH THE BOS because someone did something stupid after you sold them a gun...
you are pushing fairy farts and pipe-dreams

The ONLY reason I never made it to a grand jury was my Passport proved I wasn't in country at the time, even after "witnesses placed me at the scene of the crime.".
you keep clinging to that Bill of sale fantasy.

I pray you never have to rely on it.

There have been cases were people claim that a gun they owned was used in a crime, the cops come and ask about the gun, the guy shows a BOS, and the cops leave.

That doesn't mean the BOS exonerated the guy. It just means it saved him a little hassle. The problem I have with BOS's is that they are not worth the chance they will save me some hassle later. Doing a BOS is volunteering to do something I would be absolutely opposed to the government mandating. Doing BOS's and requiring them of others just conditions everyone to accept it when the gov does try to mandate it. I won't participate in that.

I did get a BOS popped on me recently. It was an ODT newb and I let the seller know it wasn't cool. He only wanted a name and told me I could put whatever name I wanted on it. I did it, but in hindsight I regret it.

BOS is a waist of time ink and trees, if your not getting information that is useful, then it wont help anyone. Just a name? WTF is that wont do any good and a cop or sheriff worth his salt wont believe a name and date. It gives them no direction same as if you just told them you longer owned it. plus I dont think everyone really knows how hard it is to find the first owner of a gun in GA. the cops must contact the manufacture and give them the serial number, cops wait a couple hours manufacture tells them it was sold to (blank gunstore) the cops go to the gun store and give them the guns info and the cops wait some more the gun store tells them it was sent to another gun store for a transfer, cops go to other guns store ask same questions get a name and address Cops go to guys house ask about the gun guy says i traded it three years ago to another pawn shop cops go to pawn shop give info on gun and wait some more they get new guys info and go to his house and ask about the gun. This guy said he sold it in a private sale a year and a half ago. cops ask where he was on blah blah night at blah blah time and being of the non criminal persuasion and an upstanding citizen he said at work cops check that out bam dead end. Waist of time . and just waist more cops time by checking into it.

View attachment 217401

Lol. Thanks asshole. Made me shoot a 2' stream of sweet tea through my nose.

BOS is a waist of time ink and trees, if your not getting information that is useful, then it wont help anyone. Just a name? WTF is that wont do any good and a cop or sheriff worth his salt wont believe a name and date. It gives them no direction same as if you just told them you longer owned it. plus I dont think everyone really knows how hard it is to find the first owner of a gun in GA. the cops must contact the manufacture and give them the serial number, cops wait a couple hours manufacture tells them it was sold to (blank gunstore) the cops go to the gun store and give them the guns info and the cops wait some more the gun store tells them it was sent to another gun store for a transfer, cops go to other guns store ask same questions get a name and address Cops go to guys house ask about the gun guy says i traded it three years ago to another pawn shop cops go to pawn shop give info on gun and wait some more they get new guys info and go to his house and ask about the gun. This guy said he sold it in a private sale a year and a half ago. cops ask where he was on blah blah night at blah blah time and being of the non criminal persuasion and an upstanding citizen he said at work cops check that out bam dead end. Waist of time . and just waist more cops time by checking into it.

And that's only if the cops even have the gun. And 99% of the time if the cops have the gun, then they already caught the bad guy.

People watch too much TV.

Five minutes into any cop drama someone walks into the squad room with a folder in hand: "The slug recovered from the vic is from a gun registered to a John Smith." Then the star of the show says "Let's bring him in for questioning."

People watch too much TV.

Five minutes into any cop drama someone walks into the squad room with a folder in hand: "The slug recovered from the vic is from a gun registered to a John Smith." Then the star of the show says "Let's bring him in for questioning."
X2.

Back
Top Bottom