• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bill of sale for a trade?

People watch too much TV.

Five minutes into any cop drama someone walks into the squad room with a folder in hand: "The slug recovered from the vic is from a gun registered to a John Smith." Then the star of the show says "Let's bring him in for questioning."

well that's because it was registered when you bought it.....duh ;)

that why the empty casing are in the box.....to show you it worked or to register the barrel imprint???:rolleyes:

Just do a normal BOS and instead if price out what you traded. And the opposite for the other person.
If you feel more comfortable with a BOS then do one, don't let these guys buffalo you.

BOS can be useful, but is not absolute proof someone did not commit a crime. But it is a tool that could be used to exonerate someone.

/thread

I actually shy away from deals that require a BOS. If a gun I used to own comes back as a part of a crime, I'll point the cops to the store parking lot and approximate date I traded it on. Let them take it from there. I don't like the idea of giving personal info out.

Just do a normal BOS and instead if price out what you traded. And the opposite for the other person.
If you feel more comfortable with a BOS then do one, don't let these guys buffalo you.

BOS can be useful, but is not absolute proof someone did not commit a crime. But it is a tool that could be used to exonerate someone.

DITTO! While a BOS is not fool-proof, consider walking away from a deal that a BOS is not involved, whether you are a buyer or seller. The majority of weapons NATIONWIDE used in crimes come from right here in Georgia; and why do you suppose that is? Just read the reponses to your question; because NO one seems to care who they sell their weapons to, or buy from (because they are trying to FLIP them anyhow) as long as they make a few bucks!

DITTO! While a BOS is not fool-proof, consider walking away from a deal that a BOS is not involved, whether you are a buyer or seller. The majority of weapons NATIONWIDE used in crimes come from right here in Georgia; and why do you suppose that is? Just read the reponses to your question; because NO one seems to care who they sell their weapons to, or buy from (because they are trying to FLIP them anyhow) as long as they make a few bucks!

Lol if I was a criminal I would sign it Dixie Normous

01-how-about-no-bear-1.jpg

How in the wild world of **** does a BoS keep a gun out of the hands of a criminal? Are you performing a background check? What is your legal obligation in regards to information retention? What are my assurances that my confidential info will be kept safe?

If you are that damned worried, use one of our fine FFLs to transfer the weapon and since you are the paranoid one, you get to pay.

Diligent you are so right, if I am doing a sell I offer the option BOS or Dealer Transfer.

If the buyer doesn't wish to do one or the other I figure he is a flipper and I rather not sell to him anyway.

View attachment 220471

How in the wild world of **** does a BoS keep a gun out of the hands of a criminal? Are you performing a background check? What is your legal obligation in regards to information retention? What are my assurances that my confidential info will be kept safe?

If you are that damned worried, use one of our fine FFLs to transfer the weapon and since you are the paranoid one, you get to pay.

You're the one who sounds worried; I'm not affraid to show my ID for a sale or purchase, are you?

Back
Top Bottom