• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bill of sale

jc

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
this may have been discussed before but here goes. i have noticed that most people do not want a BOS and i am happy with that myself. i don't need one either but i have been told that a BOS protects you and covers your rear. just wanted to hear yall's opinion on this. here is the main scenario that you hear: you sell a gun and it is involved in a crime. the last person that is attached to this gun is you. so what happens? i know we do not have to register our guns, but when you buy a new one and do the background check, isn't the gun with serial no. attached to your name and doesn't the ATF have this info.? is the law going to come looking for me? thanks.

Yes, yes and yes this has been discussed before. This is the proverbial dead horse that's been beaten over and over again. Search the forum. You'll find all the opinions you want there.

Doesnt cover ****. You can take any piece of paper and put my info on it all you want, but all I have to say is prove it. Your word verse mine and you made a fake bos. Why would I give you my address? So when you store your bos in the safe and say one day it gets stolen and then a thief has a road map to all these houses with guns.

I Bill of Sale any big items I sell. Usually cars. Microsoft Office has templates readily available on any copy of word. Download and modify to meet your needs (usually it has some crap about payments and whatnot). Then print out two copies. Bring your pen and there ya go.

To make it a legally binding document, you gotta get it notorized. However that is a whole other ball of wax.

I Bill of Sale any big items I sell. Usually cars. Microsoft Office has templates readily available on any copy of word. Download and modify to meet your needs (usually it has some crap about payments and whatnot). Then print out two copies. Bring your pen and there ya go.

To make it a legally binding document, you gotta get it notorized. However that is a whole other ball of wax.

Like I said its pointless

You want BOS? Okay, lets do a 4473 at your cost since you offer.

Yeah, only 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 times. :deadhorse:

Yeah, but this is the internet, everything has been asked before! :D If we shut down any question that's been asked already we might as well close the whole site.

Personally I am no longer interested in doing a Bill of Sale for firearms, but to each their own.

Yeah, but this is the internet, everything has been asked before! :D If we shut down any question that's been asked already we might as well close the whole site.

Personally I am no longer interested in doing a Bill of Sale for firearms, but to each their own.

Yep I think its time to remove the dead horse symbol from the smileys

Back
Top Bottom