• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2023 - June 2-4

I finally got a Medford Praetorian Scout. They sell for $500 these days, for a knife made of D2 steel and G10 scales that you can't adjust the pivot on, or service yourself. It's a nice enough knife, but I got rid of it... Greg is a really passionate guy, but I don't see how his knives are worth what he charges.

The Chinese companies are really cranking out some good stuff these days... WE, Civivi, Artisan, Reate, Rike, etc...
Microtech is now farming out multiple models to China, because he can't make a knife with those materials and quality for less than a grand... he can have Rike make it for him to his specs and sell it like hot cakes at $400....

I will be at the show on Saturday morning, always good to see every brand and model under the sun, all in one place.
Agreed on Medford prices. 1k for a sculpted Praetorian or Marauder just doesn't make sense to me against the market. I struggle also with his poor tolerances and stacks of washers to make things work. Always interesting to see what is new though.

When I can, I will buy US but I'm not a die hard about it. I have multiple of the chinese made Microtechs, Veros, SharpByDesign, CKF, Something Obscene Co, Winterblade, etc. Lot of designers farming out to Rike/Reate/Bestech and and making very nice knives. For inhouse knives, the Reate K2, Horizon D, and Exo-M I have are all very nice.

2 random questions... are they wanding/metal detecting for either CCW or pocket knives? I imagine not with them selling but you never know.

anybody know what the pro-tech special knife will be?

Agreed on Medford prices. 1k for a sculpted Praetorian or Marauder just doesn't make sense to me against the market. I struggle also with his poor tolerances and stacks of washers to make things work. Always interesting to see what is new though.

When I can, I will buy US but I'm not a die hard about it. I have multiple of the chinese made Microtechs, Veros, SharpByDesign, CKF, Something Obscene Co, Winterblade, etc. Lot of designers farming out to Rike/Reate/Bestech and and making very nice knives. For inhouse knives, the Reate K2, Horizon D, and Exo-M I have are all very nice.

I do a lot of knife reviews on my YT channel, and I have been really impressed with Civivi, Vespa, Rough Rider Reserve, Artisan, CJRB and others... If they do it right, they can crank out some amazing knives on a CNC machine. And they have some interesting designs, and a lot of famous designers go to China to take their customs, and make them affordable for the masses. I like Benchmade, MT, Heretic, GEC, Boker(German made), LionSteel and other quality brands... but these days, its getting harder and harder to justify a US made knife when the one made in China is a fraction of the price, and sometimes better quality.

I would put a Rough Rider Reserve up against a Case knife any day of the week.

2 random questions... are they wanding/metal detecting for either CCW or pocket knives? I imagine not with them selling but you never know.

anybody know what the pro-tech special knife will be?

Pocket knifes are fine, no problem at all.

The convention center's policy is no handguns, but in years past, there's been no detectors or wands at the door. There are no backpack/pocket checks or pat downs. What you do with that information is up to you.

Was in the area so I swung by to pick up my tickets - was rather quiet and just a couple minute wait in the will call line. It will be a mad house in the morning.

Resized_20230601_160625.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom