• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^This^^^^ I've spoken to LEO's about this before and there is no law against it, but in my opinion morally wrong because you never know if you are letting a murderer or rapist know there is a LEO up ahead and if he's speeding to get away from a crime he committed he needs to be stopped! There's no telling how many criminals have gotten away with who knows what because somebody let them know there was a LEO up ahead by flashing their lights at em'. Not to mention drunk and drugged drivers!

Ps. I used to flash my lights at other drivers until someone else brought these things to my attention. Now I never do it.

Never thought about this angle, Tazz. Good points.

^^^^This^^^^ I've spoken to LEO's about this before and there is no law against it, but in my opinion morally wrong because you never know if you are letting a murderer or rapist know there is a LEO up ahead and if he's speeding to get away from a crime he committed he needs to be stopped! There's no telling how many criminals have gotten away with who knows what because somebody let them know there was a LEO up ahead by flashing their lights at em'. Not to mention drunk and drugged drivers!

Ps. I used to flash my lights at other drivers until someone else brought these things to my attention. Now I never do it.

Wow I never thought of that before, Great points.

" I've spoken to LEO's about this before and there is no law against it, but in my opinion morally wrong because you never know if you are letting a murderer or rapist know there is a LEO up ahead and if he's speeding to get away from a crime he committed he needs to be stopped! There's no telling how many criminals have gotten away with who knows what because somebody let them know there was a LEO up ahead by flashing their lights at em'. Not to mention drunk and drugged drivers!"

I would tend to think if someone is drunk/drugged up, they would likely miss my flash or not realize they were speeding/weaving anyway. And if someone is on the run they've got to make a decision quick to slow down-not know exactly where the cop is at-and hope if they are being pursued that no one catches up to them. Not to mention the above, being jacked up on adrenaline and wide-eyed they would probably miss the flash. Just my thoughts-worth the paper their written on! :)

Last edited:
I would tend to think if someone is drunk/drugged up, they would likely miss my flash or not realize they were speeding/weaving anyway. And if someone is on the run they've got to make a decision quick to slow down-not know exactly where the cop is at-and hope if they are being pursued that no one catches up to them. Not to mention the above, being jacked up on adrenaline and wide-eyed they would probably miss the flash. Just my thoughts-worth the paper their written on! :)

Key words being "likely & probably", If even only one person guilty of a violent crime or drunk/drugged driving is alerted to the LEO ahead it's one too many!!! Don't you get it?! How many other people will they victimize? Your logic makes NO sense at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom