• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blinking headlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, more often than not the reason you see small town local police on the side of the Interstate is for revenue not public safety.

Exactly! How safe is the public , when they (LEO) are driving down the interstate at a high rate of speed , passing everyone else, going nowhere, no lights, or siren. I mean come on , they could have a blow out , and wipe out dozens of innocent "civilians".

Anyone see my flashing lights on the Roswell river road yesterday? Cop was standing half in the road radaring for speeders, might have saved his life.

I had a cop tell me a long time ago they generally won't pull you over on the highway if you are going up to 9mph over. Like Ken Ford said they can give you a ticket for anything over the speed limit according to certain road conditions. Example would be when my father got a ticket for going 2mph over in a small town. It would have affected his CDL license and he knew someone that helped him get it dropped.

As far as flashing my lights I will always do it unless someone is just flying and then in my book they deserve that ticket. I always flash my lights to warn oncoming traffic of any obstruction in the road(mainly for deer about to cross). I've saved at least 5 people from most likely totalling their car or possibly getting injured from bigger deer about to cross.

L.E.O. here ok the thing about headlights, I have never issued a ticket to a person who has flashed his headlights warning of an officer running radar. However flashing your headlights would be enough probable cause to warrant a traffic stop for possible defective equipment. As for speeding, YOU CAN be pulled over by a police officer, deputy, trooper running radar if you are speeding ONE mile mph over the speed limit. Having said that Ga. law only allows police officer and deputies to issue speeding tickets for one mile mph over in a historic district, and a school zone that is properly marked. This is to prevent small counties and municplaties from soley generating revenue off radars. So in a typical enviroment we must give 10 mph over before ISSUING ticket. As an L.E.O. I have issued many citations over the years for speeding, but i was the nicer of my co-workers, I gave 20 before I would stop people, unless you had a valid excuse, usually a ticket with a court date. And if it makes any difference i was issued a speeding ticket when I was 18 and went to the courthouse and gave them my $80 because i was guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom