• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BOS or no BOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. I guess I thought writing down a guys name evern without a BOS was not too much to ask. I can find the address by using GOOGLE. Pretty unanimous on this board that no record of guns sold should be kept. Thanks for the feeback.

You realize that's not helping your case, right?

Weird to some, not to most.

If you are selling its your rules.

I insist on peeking unless they are LEO

How do you know they are LEO?
Do they show up for the trade in the Police cruiser?
Do they show up to trade in uniform?
Do they flash their badge?

While I'm not fond of BOS nor do I feel you need it unless you dont trust the buyer, I'm gonna have to say that since you put YES for BOS on your ads, that guy shouldve known better. He needs to pay better attention.

I've replied to ads that had yes to BOS and it was never mentioned again.
I think some folks do it to ward off out the unsavory characters.

Not an issue of trust of anyone really. It is a matter of doing something the right way and recording where you bought a gun so that in the very slight chance a gun you sell is used for the wrong reasons, you have a record of it not being your's especially with pistols. Long guns may be a different story, but why are you guys comfortable not having a record of where a gun went after you owned it?? Like I said, I may the one that makes no sense, just seems like the right way to handle a firearm transfer. Plus, I don't know who might own the gun 1, 2, 3, or 4 transfers from now or in the event it ever gets stolen from a future owner.

And why would you really care? Some of you people act as if it were your child that you were trading off and feel the need to keep in contact.

If you sale a claw hammer do you also want to keep track of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom