• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BOS or no BOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmaster44

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
Guys,

Want some feedback. I just had a guy call off a meet because...first he did not want a bill of sale. When I asked to write down his name and address he said I could see his CCW but could not write it down. Does that sound wierd or is just me?

Not an issue of trust of anyone really. It is a matter of doing something the right way and recording where you bought a gun so that in the very slight chance a gun you sell is used for the wrong reasons, you have a record of it not being your's especially with pistols. Long guns may be a different story, but why are you guys comfortable not having a record of where a gun went after you owned it?? Like I said, I may the one that makes no sense, just seems like the right way to handle a firearm transfer. Plus, I don't know who might own the gun 1, 2, 3, or 4 transfers from now or in the event it ever gets stolen from a future owner.

When I first started getting serious about selling guns, I would ask for a BOS also. That was before I realized it wasn’t needed. Now I won’t buy a gun from anyone who requires a bill of sale or requires a CCW. I don’t mind a peek at my GA license, but you’re not writing anything down. I don’t have a CCW. I was a cop for 16 years, so I never needed one. Now that I’m not a cop, I hardly ever carry. Just because I don’t have a CCW doesn’t mean that I can’t buy a firearm. It’s whatever you feel comfortable with, just don’t be surprised if it turns most folks on here away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom