• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bought My First Suppressor Today . . .

You filed right after all of the 41P submissions though, we clogged the pipeline. They are probably all cleared out now or at least not as many. Everyone rushed to buy right before it hit and then sales went plop, especially when people thought the HPA had a chance of passing. I wouldnt be surprised if we start seeing some 3-4 month wait times again soon since the buying has slowed down.
I just called and the rep said they are approving Oct/Nov 2016 for trusts and April/May of 2017 for individuals at this time. I hung up without asking about individuals so I called back!!!

I took the plunge last Friday, then again on Saturday.
SilencerShop said the wait right now is 6-7mo for a trust.

We can do this! Now there is plenty of time to stock up on ammo, hosts, and best of all knowledge.
Good for you!

Just a sprinkle of reality, I call BS on that timeline. I am at 1 year this month.

For Op and the new buyers -
I second the PPK in .22, nice weight and balance. Really easy to shoot.

I also have a Walther that I like and was a relatively cheap option. They get mixed reviews but mine is great. There is a special adapter you can get for these to add the threads.

And you can get Ruger 22 threaded now. I have a takedown setup this way.

Individual wait times are varying a bit. My obsidian was approved a month ago @ 141 days, but my ARC22 sent two days after is still pending.

My 22/45 lite with a PA red dot is fun as hell, very accurate, and quieter than my giggles when I shoot it, lol. Gets my vote.

For Op and the new buyers -
I second the PPK in .22, nice weight and balance. Really easy to shoot.

I also have a Walther that I like and was a relatively cheap option. They get mixed reviews but mine is great. There is a special adapter you can get for these to add the threads.

And you can get Ruger 22 threaded now. I have a takedown setup this way.

Does the 10/22 cycle with low velocity ammo? And is it as quiet as a bolt action?

Back
Top Bottom