• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Braves Moving to Cobb at NW Corner of 75 and 285

I've seen a lot of vehicle tracks into that area lately
Up the hill across from the boy scout store

Figured it was regarding the petro pipeline that runs right thru there though

Never occurred to me the braves would be moving
I live in Cobb. Drive past that area couple times a day

It's gonna suck to have all the extra traffic unless they build an exit directly from the interstate

What I can't future out is why they are not using the old GM plant site for a stadium

Could build an exit directly into it and it has a train station

Y'all do know the reason there is no Marta train to the braves stadium?

City of Atlanta and Fulton county own the parking lot and wouldn't allow it because they were afraid they'd lose money on the parking

I'd say at this point it could be just a bluff to get more money

But the current location for both places prevents us from going to them
At the dome you're terrified you're gonna get mugged walking back to your car And that your car is gonna be broken Into

Same at the ted

All the traffic. The ghetto neighbourhood around it and high ticket prices and high food prices.
Lot easier to sit and watch it for free on a 60" HD at home

Don't have to go to a sketchy neighbourhood
Don't have to sit next to some drunk fat sweaty redneck
I cant figure

This is a shame. We already have high unemployment in Atlanta. Who are the residents going to rob and steel from without all those fans being lured into the hood? I guess they will have to take the train and then a bus to get to some good pickens, or wait until football season. This is a terrible idea!

Last edited:
I'm glad they are moving. I hate the drive to downtown. To those that say traffic will suck.....have you driven to a game, lately??? At least there's several different directions to get to the new property instead of just two, one of which nobody uses.

With the idea of it being a 365 day destination, I'm sure Cobb has promised to put other attractions around the new stadium. Don't forget the Ga Sports Hall of Fame in Macon closed last year and is looking for a new home. Maybe this is it! That's one thing the Braves organization dislikes about being in Atlanta, is that there's no other entertainment around the Ted.

The reason the Braves agreed to give the city 40% of the parking revinue was to develop the area around the stadium and they got nothing. The Braves philosophy is have a place where the fan can do other things besides see a ball game. Making a full day of fun out of the experience makes going to a game more enjoyable and people will be more likely to go more often. I heard the average fan attends 1.3 games per year. If you get that average up to, say, 3 or 4, the team makes more money and folks leave happy instead of dreading the drive out of there.

When you cut to the chase, it's all about the money and there's not a damned thing wrong with that, period.

I can see that the average fan attends 1.3 games a year (that would be me). Heck I didn't go at all last year. I'm not a Braves fan though, but I do like going every once in a while. And when I do go to games its either in the Spring or Fall (cooler weather months). I refuse to go during the humid/hot summer month games. I learned my lesson the very first time I went to a summer game...the worst sports event experience I ever had. I might as well have been in a sauna that day. They would be better off playing in a dome or half dome (I would go more often).

$450 million of Cobb taxpayers funds?!?! Wow.... hope the Cobb residents enjoy THAT!

That is a bribe to get the park in the county. It is a drop in the bucket compared to the economic impact.

This is in contrast to the Falcons debacle. The City of Atlanta is spending cash to keep an asset it already has to avoid the negative impact.

That is a bribe to get the park in the county. It is a drop in the bucket compared to the economic impact.
Seems there's been more than one recent study showing that public funds are never recouped on these deals either directly or indirectly and this has to be one of the most heavily leveraged deals I've ever heard of.
If it was in Gwinnett, I'd be wearing out my commissioner's ear.

Back
Top Bottom