Bud's Gun Shop Retail Location

Maybe I live in a hole. (I do.) But I had no idea Bud's had a physical retail location. I thought they were an online only kind of deal, but I was up in TN over the weekend and stumbled across their shop. It's huge and very well kept. Lots of room...and the oddest thing for me? Not one of the guns had a trigger lock on it. Rifles were just out on racks with bolts in them and everything. Is that a TN vs GA thing? It was just odd...guys dry firing pistols, working the slides. In a good way, odd. Just odd.

Anyhow...thought I would share.

After I left Bud's, I spent another hour or two getting lost in Smoky Mountain Knife Works next door. Made a four hour trip more like eight. :lol:
Sounds like a great day.

Real gunshop is how I see it. If they have gun locks, it's not worth visiting.

Maybe I live in a hole. (I do.) But I had no idea Bud's had a physical retail location. I thought they were an online only kind of deal, but I was up in TN over the weekend and stumbled across their shop. It's huge and very well kept. Lots of room...and the oddest thing for me? Not one of the guns had a trigger lock on it. Rifles were just out on racks with bolts in them and everything. Is that a TN vs GA thing? It was just odd...guys dry firing pistols, working the slides. In a good way, odd. Just odd.

Anyhow...thought I would share.

After I left Bud's, I spent another hour or two getting lost in Smoky Mountain Knife Works next door. Made a four hour trip more like eight. :lol:
Never been to a gun store where guns weren’t in working order. Damn man, how rough is the area you live in anyway?

I was at Bud's back in August. For some reason I always thought they were around Nashville. I have been to SMKW many times but never realized Bud's was across the street until my last trip up there. Very cool place.

SMKW has a pretty nice gun section too.

Yep, when you see Smoky Mountain Knife Works on the left, you're there! BTW, SMKW can turn into a two or three hour visit. I spent an hour in the CaseXX & Boker sections alone.

Yeah it's a good idea to plan at least a half day around the visit. I could live there.

Never knew that, the wife have been spending every Valentines Day in Gatlinburg, for about the last five years. Go there for the chance to see snow, don’t get to see any in S.W. Georgia lol. I’m definitely gonna check it out next year.

You must visit SMKW too. It's amazing. Plan to spend a few hours there. It will not be a quick stop. Lol

Back
Top Bottom