Building a SBR Regulation Questions

Not converting the Troy anymore. However, I just bought a factory Colt 6933 SBR like 5min ago. Smoking deal at 1300 shipped. I figured I get it before whatever repercussions come out from that tragedy today.

This one... Called and made sure that the one I bought came with the old style stock, not that new Super retarded stock. Also made sure it was roll marked M4 Carbine rather than M4LE.

pix901153021.jpg

Last edited:
Not converting the Troy anymore. However, I just bought a factory Colt 6933 SBR like 5min ago. Smoking deal at 1300 shipped. I figured I get it before whatever repercussions come out from that tragedy today.

Thats what I have! I hadn't shot it yet but I will this coming new years! I think once I get home to my baby, I will buy another colt. I am currently looking at the Colt MK18! The 10.3" barrel! RATWorx has some good ARs stuff!

Last edited:
If I SBR an AR, I am gunna have like 5 uppers of different length and caliber so I would reccomend a lower unless you just know you don't want another caliber or barrel length.

This. LAX is on the money with this. You can engrave the barrel or the lower. Problem is, if you engrave the barrel you will have to register and pay the tax on any other length barrel you may want to try down the road. Engrave the lower and run whatever you want for as long as you own the lower.

Thats what I have! I hadn't shot it yet but I will this coming new years! I think once I get home to my baby, I will buy another colt. I am currently looking at the Colt MK18! The 10.3" barrel! RATWorx has some good ARs stuff!

Nice dude! It was infact from RATWorx. Ive been at ragged edge on buying this gun from them for the past month. It took that tragedy today to make me decided to take that extra step.

Nice dude! It was infact from RATWorx. Ive been at ragged edge on buying this gun from them for the past month. It took that tragedy today to make me decided to take that extra step.

Yeah great people! I had my 6933 upper preorder with them and of course, 5 months later, prices went down so I asked them about that and they honored it even tho I already bought the thing! Very good company. I am in the same process of buying a 6933 lower and registering it with NFA here in the next week or so. I don't care if I have to engrave my Trust info on it. I bought it to keep!

Thinking about it, is the 6933 and 6920 lowers the same thing? I rather pay less for a 6920 lower.

Last edited:
This. LAX is on the money with this. You can engrave the barrel or the lower. Problem is, if you engrave the barrel you will have to register and pay the tax on any other length barrel you may want to try down the road. Engrave the lower and run whatever you want for as long as you own the lower.

I could be wrong but if you engrave the upper all you will have is an engraved upper it wont mean anything.. Lower must be engraved period .Barrells are not guns they are barrells.

Yes the lower is the registered firearm part, thats why lowers have to be shipped to FFL. I bought my 6933 complete upper and they shipped it RIGHT TO MY DOOR! :D Anything besides lower is considered as "accessories".

I could be wrong but if you engrave the upper all you will have is an engraved upper it wont mean anything.. Lower must be engraved period .Barrells are not guns they are barrells.

Regardless, the NFA guidelines clearly indicate the barrel is an acceptable place to engrave. It makes no differentiation for different types of rifles, so the fact that an AR barrel can be separated from the lower doesn't matter. Todd from Noveske has confirmed this as well. I wouldn't do it, but someone could if they wanted to.

Regardless, the NFA guidelines clearly indicate the barrel is an acceptable place to engrave. It makes no differentiation for different types of rifles, so the fact that an AR barrel can be separated from the lower doesn't matter. Todd from Noveske has confirmed this as well. I wouldn't do it, but someone could if they wanted to.

Where is it written in atf guidelines ? I am unable to find it .

Back
Top Bottom