• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying an older truck?

thats cool can text me or call anytime thats my cell
I don't know if this advice will help you any but it's my story 15 years ago I bought a 1982 Ford F100 it had some small problems but I drove it until last November. I sold it because I have grandchildren and I felt bad about them sweating in it because it didn't have air conditioning. The other problem was parts were getting hard to find and the mechanics that I would take it to we're not even born when it was made so it seemed being carbureted and nobody knew how to work on it so that's something to consider the availability of parts. I found a 2004 F-150 it suited my needs and its price was not too terrible had to do a few things to eat but I'm doing well with it now so my advice is make sure that whatever you buy has parts available and people know how to work on it if you're not completely mechanically inclined yourself I miss my 82 sometimes they were built different back then especially the beds I can hardly reach into this one the other one was no problem repair seem to be a lot more expensive but with its Comforts I'm not really upset about it good luck

I don't know if this advice will help you any but it's my story 15 years ago I bought a 1982 Ford F100 it had some small problems but I drove it until last November. I sold it because I have grandchildren and I felt bad about them sweating in it because it didn't have air conditioning. The other problem was parts were getting hard to find and the mechanics that I would take it to we're not even born when it was made so it seemed being carbureted and nobody knew how to work on it so that's something to consider the availability of parts. I found a 2004 F-150 it suited my needs and its price was not too terrible had to do a few things to eat but I'm doing well with it now so my advice is make sure that whatever you buy has parts available and people know how to work on it if you're not completely mechanically inclined yourself I miss my 82 sometimes they were built different back then especially the beds I can hardly reach into this one the other one was no problem repair seem to be a lot more expensive but with its Comforts I'm not really upset about it good luck
dont have any problems finding parts for it and can work about thing that is wrong with. redid the A/C and lots of other stuff as well. just have to many toys

Something like this?
IMG_1617.JPG

Sounds like you are looking for a unicorn. Most of the time if someone has an older truck for sale they have gotten most of the good out of it. My son had a 93 GMC Sierra that was stolen but there was not a bolt on that truck that was not touched by us.
Two years ago I bought a 2006 Ford 150 two wheel drive extended cab that was in almost new condition for $8,000. Can get lucky sometimes.
Good luck in your search.

Back
Top Bottom