• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Caliber to carry to deal with agressive bears or mountain lion?

My choice would be 454 Casull. You can shoot 45 colt, 45 schofield and if on a double action you can have the cylinder cut for moon clips and shoot 45 acp.

If I knew I was in an area with aggressive bears I would want something in 12Ga with at least 6 rd capacity a a bit of practice reloading it.
Around here though I imagine some well timed bottle rockets will send them searching for greener pastures.

It’s surprisingly pleasant to shoot. No limp wristing which I doubt you’d do with a bear charging you lol. You got 7 + 1 and it’s deadly accurate. A 300 grain XTP will do the job. Set up for optics if you wanted to run em

I would actually like to try and shoot one of those sometime and feel the recoil for myself. Who knows -- may become my new EDC.

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 20.32.13.png

If you are in GA it's a black bear. You dont need to be concerned about a black bear unless you are worried about it getting into your trash or bird feeders. The cat might've been a bobcat. I hear they can be choked out by unarmed grandma's. No worries.

Back
Top Bottom