• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling SDN-6 owners - Do you recommend?

Love mine... but is repeatable POI is important do not get it. It’s useless on a Precision Rifle, but is great on my sbr and ARs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love mine... but is repeatable POI is important do not get it. It’s useless on a Precision Rifle, but is great on my sbr and ARs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, not for me. Not on this rig.

Thats why cans like the Surefire exist. They might suck at suppression, value, weight but they excel at minimal POI shift and signature reduction.

I have one and would not suggest it. 51t mounts aren't around as much anymore. It is a heavy can. It's not a quiet as other 30 cal cans on the market. I tired the sandman series not long after I bought the AAC and was very sad I bought the AAC.
I primarily run mine on 10.5 inch 556 SBR and 7.5 inch 300 blk SBR.
I have also run it on my 308 scout rifle as well. Again, I was not happy when I compared to Sandman S or TI.

I have an sdn6 and like it. Shoot .223 without ears, bolt action .308 without ears, .308 auto you can do without ears but it’s a little loud for me. I do regret buying the aac tirant 9 can though. Having to change the piston for handgun and rifles causes me problems.

I have one and would not suggest it. 51t mounts aren't around as much anymore. It is a heavy can. It's not a quiet as other 30 cal cans on the market. I tired the sandman series not long after I bought the AAC and was very sad I bought the AAC.
I primarily run mine on 10.5 inch 556 SBR and 7.5 inch 300 blk SBR.
I have also run it on my 308 scout rifle as well. Again, I was not happy when I compared to Sandman S or TI.

51t mounts are still around. I just ordered one from AAC during their black friday sale and Midway, Brownells, silencershop and capitol armory all have them in stock. It is a hefty can but its about a couple oz heavier than the Recce 7. Compared to a short can, k configuration or even a titanium can its going to seem like a brick but suppression numbers on the SDN-6 is great. I doubt the Sandman S suppresses as well as the SDN-6.

That said I wouldn't have paid $600-$700 for this can so if you paid anywhere near that I certain understand your position. But at $400 I truly dont think its a better 30 cal can at that price.

I have an sdn6 and like it. Shoot .223 without ears, bolt action .308 without ears, .308 auto you can do without ears but it’s a little loud for me. I do regret buying the aac tirant 9 can though. Having to change the piston for handgun and rifles causes me problems.

Is that any can though? You have to switch from piston to fixed adapter when going from pistol to rifle. I have the TiRant 9 and the Osprey. I originally wanted an Octane 9 but the TiRant is a great can. Good suppression and its really light.

Back
Top Bottom