• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling SDN-6 owners - Do you recommend?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a SDN-6 but it’s not my first choice. My question is if you had to purchase it again would you? It’s been out for a while and it seems heavy and almost 20oz but I think most 30 cal cans are pretty hefty. My intended use is a 8” lightweight pdw. One added benefit is I already have a M4-2000 so I think I could use it on 556 guns with the m4-2000 mounts right?

I guess it just boils down to if I should buy the SDN6 for $400 or the Recce 7 for $725.

Thinking about getting a SDN-6 but it’s not my first choice. My question is if you had to purchase it again would you? It’s been out for a while and it seems heavy and almost 20oz but I think most 30 cal cans are pretty hefty. My intended use is a 8” lightweight pdw. One added benefit is I already have a M4-2000 so I think I could use it on 556 guns with the m4-2000 mounts right?

I guess it just boils down to if I should buy the SDN6 for $400 or the Recce 7 for $725.
I love my sdn6 even though it is on the heavy side I’ve been pleased with it. The mount should work with your other can I believe.

I have a sdn6, but its very old. The sdn6 has been around for a very long time and newer designs have came out. When i got my 556 can i could og gotten the m4-2k, but better cans with better mounting systems existed. I would go for a newer design that was lighter and had a better mount.

One thing to consider is the warranty. Do any of them cover a 8" barrel? I havent looked at 30 cal cans in depth for some time. Blast baffle erosion will be pretty rough at 8"

I have a sdn6, but its very old. The sdn6 has been around for a very long time and newer designs have came out. When i got my 556 can i could og gotten the m4-2k, but better cans with better mounting systems existed. I would go for a newer design that was lighter and had a better mount.

One thing to consider is the warranty. Do any of them cover a 8" barrel? I havent looked at 30 cal cans in depth for some time. Blast baffle erosion will be pretty rough at 8"

Yeah I know, the SDN6 is very old, mounting system isn't the best although I haven't had any issues with my 51t mounts.

The Recce 7 is rated down to 7.5" for 5.56 and 8" for 300blk. The SDN-6 is rated down to 10" for 5.56 and 7.5" for 300blk so all of my guns would be covered with either of them.

Have you thought about the Sandman? I know they are rated to 300win and have no min barrel length. I think silencershop is running a special on the Sandman-S right now

Back
Top Bottom