• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can an 18 yr old carry a shotgun in his car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only you know how responsible he is... And all of his friends... And anyone he may give a ride to.... And everyone who may be around his vehicle, every place it is ever parked...

True. I'm not worried about him. And he knows NOT to tell his friends about it.(there is some history there that involves 1 of his "friends" stealing a gun from him)

The leaving it in his vehicle part is the troublesome one. But, it's an SUV and there are a few places to hide it as well as lock it up.

True. I'm not worried about him. And he knows NOT to tell his friends about it.(there is some history there that involves 1 of his "friends" stealing a gun from him)

The leaving it in his vehicle part is the troublesome one. But, it's an SUV and there are a few places to hide it as well as lock it up.
Well you've got to do what you feel is right but one stolen gun would be enough for me....

I do not see why it would be illegal. Just dont let him be dumb and keep it in the front seat loaded. From my understanding you can keep it in the car,it just cant be "easily accessible". I always kept mine under the back seat unloaded when I was 18 which was not that long ago.

I do not see why it would be illegal. Just dont let him be dumb and keep it in the front seat loaded. From my understanding you can keep it in the car,it just cant be "easily accessible". I always kept mine under the back seat unloaded when I was 18 which was not that long ago.

That would defeat the purpose of having it there to begin with. I'm gueesing someone carjacking you will not wait for you to load your shotty.

If you follow thru with this, please set him up with a way to secure it in the vehicle. I've had coworkers lose firearms on three different jobs in the last couple years to stinking thieves.

I say let him get the shotgun for Christmas but keep it at the house at all times. Get him a nice pocket knife to carry.

Then I'd tell him he's going to take some type of physical self defense class and learn how to grapple, pressure point, and choke the crap out of someone till they black out... open up the back door and tell him lesson one is in 50 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom