Can someone tell me if this is true or not??

I'm glad to hear everyone's thoughts. That's the part of the law I hate on the matter. There is too much splitting of hairs. Whose to say if the perp was or wasn't a threat to my family? If its my word against a dead guy's with a criminal background, why WOULDN'T I win the case?

it frustrates me that everything isn't cut and dry. What's the difference of me "saying" and "proving" what happened in the scenario? Am I supposed to ask "are you here to steal something?" "Do you have a weapons?" "Are you taller than me but skinner, allowing me to beat your ass?" "are you smaller than me but "bigger" this allowing me NOT to kick your ass?"

so someone comes in unarmed...whose to say they won't grab one of my kitchen knives or a fireplace poker to harm someone with given the chance?

i feel like if I ever HAVE to shoot someone breaking in, that I should be worried shortly after if I'm going to jail or not. That shouldn't be the case..

k...

So who will protect you and your family when you're bubba bait?

These days you have to know the law, know what if's to protect you from being the one got caught up.

Going off a little but have you ever see the movie "felony"?
I know he chased the man outside but it was interesting that this man protecting his family and saw this man turning with what he thought was a gun and killed him.
Based on a true story
Bubba bait? Get real man. Also that guy chased him outside. If I walk in my bedroom and there is someone who does not belong there then he is a threat. He is not there to fix my squeeky bed. Should I wait on him to throw his crowbar at me? hit me in the head and then kill me with my own firearm? If your scared of going to jail then thats on you. Im not. If I feel my life is in danger then your "bubba bait" scenario would be the LAST thing on my mind.

I'm glad to hear everyone's thoughts. That's the part of the law I hate on the matter. There is too much splitting of hairs. Whose to say if the perp was or wasn't a threat to my family? If its my word against a dead guy's with a criminal background, why WOULDN'T I win the case?

it frustrates me that everything isn't cut and dry. What's the difference of me "saying" and "proving" what happened in the scenario? Am I supposed to ask "are you here to steal something?" "Do you have a weapons?" "Are you taller than me but skinner, allowing me to beat your ass?" "are you smaller than me but "bigger" this allowing me NOT to kick your ass?"

so someone comes in unarmed...whose to say they won't grab one of my kitchen knives or a fireplace poker to harm someone with given the chance?

i feel like if I ever HAVE to shoot someone breaking in, that I should be worried shortly after if I'm going to jail or not. That shouldn't be the case..

yep. Im sure many people have been killed by scumbags because they were too afraid to protect themselves. **** all that. If I feel your a threat then im taking you downtown. Period. End of story.

I would just do you and do what is best for you and your family and what ever you do,you will have to live with the decision you made.Doesn't matter what I feel or someone else because we will not offer to do the time for you nor pay your attorney bills etc etc.

Always pray and leave it to GOD

Bubba bait? Get real man. Also that guy chased him outside. If I walk in my bedroom and there is someone who does not belong there then he is a threat. He is not there to fix my squeeky bed. Should I wait on him to throw his crowbar at me? hit me in the head and then kill me with my own firearm? If your scared of going to jail then thats on you. Im not. If I feel my life is in danger then your "bubba bait" scenario would be the LAST thing on my mind.

I love gun forums so many tough guys.Glad you have your mind made and I hope all the best and HOPE you will never have to encounter such event sir nor anyone else.

Soviet, why this still here? Move it to law n order man!

were talking about firearms. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I love gun forums so many tough guys.Glad you have your mind made and I hope all the best and HOPE you will never have to encounter such event sir nor anyone else.

tough guy? If im the tough guy here then you have the cry baby slot. Just because im not afraid to use my firearm to protect myself does not make me a tough guy.

making a bomb is a felony, but not justified as a reason to shoot.
"forcible felony".

Three code sections Ans the reasonable man doctrine.
Nvm, just reread, since he's in the habitation commuting a felony, fair game.

Nope - read the code. It is in my first post in this thread. Personally I think it should read forcible felony.

Back
Top Bottom