• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can someone tell me if this is true or not??

Nope - read the code. It is in my first post in this thread. Personally I think it should read forcible felony.

Eg
h it depends. If I'm in the living room and he busts in on me n the family watching cartoons, he's a threat.
If I'm with the family in the bedroom and he busts in the living room, I'm locking, loading, barricading, dialing, and waiting. Not shooting over a TV, but if you are an immediate threat, I'm dropping you.

Eg
h it depends. If I'm in the living room and he busts in on me n the family watching cartoons, he's a threat.
If I'm with the family in the bedroom and he busts in the living room, I'm locking, loading, barricading, dialing, and waiting. Not shooting over a TV, but if you are an immediate threat, I'm dropping you.

Absolutely! That is the reasonable and safest thing to do in that scenario. However, a strict reading of the code allows deadly force in your habitation to stop any felony. I would certainly not want to go in front of a jury on that though. Nor would I ever use deadly force against someone unless I thought it was absolutely necessary.

Now that would be a tough guy hahahahaa

I hear people talking like this all the time and I am like Yeah ok....

There was a shop owner who legally shot a robber. Only problem was after he shot the kid... he then reloaded an finished him off. The point of shooting them is to STOP the threat. In the words of Ivan Drago "if he dies, he dies". Thats it. Not my goal to kill but it might just come to that. Going for center mass.

Eg

Now that makes plenty of sense and the way I think too

Back
Top Bottom