• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can we trade reloads here?

lza

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
11   0
Reaction score
i have 50 12 gauge 7/8 ounce low recoil slug reloads that are too weak to cycle my gun(its a Saiga, they're really picky) i was wanting to trade but i noticed the ammo section said no reloads. How can I get rid of them to someone who needs them? is there a forum out there that allows it?

Last edited:
i have 50 12 gauge 7/8 ounce low recoil slug reloads that are too weak to cycle my gun(its a Saiga, they're really picky) i was wanting to trade but i noticed the ammo section said no reloads. How can I get rid of them to someone who needs them? is there a forum out there that allows it?

I think the only question that needs to be answered is, "do you trust MY reloads to shoot"? I've been reloading exactly 3 weeks. Some in here have been doing if before I was born but do you trust it?

You've asked a good question whose answer has legal implications under both "tort" and "equity".

First of all it is illegal to "sell" ammunition that you make without a specific license to do so (I'm personally glad that such is required, aren't you?).
Secondly, if you "sell" ammunition that you make / reload, even if the person acknowledges and accepts their responsibility for any problems,
their surviving families and lawyers will come after you.
Thirdly, "Trade", "Barter", "Exchange", "Sell" are usually considered equivalent transactions. Even "Gift" can be problematic!

I have exchanged reloaded ammunition with experienced re-loaders that I know and trust, but that is not a frequent activity and not done
without due consideration! Mostly, it is done with the specific understanding that the ammunition will be "pulled" and then reloaded by the person accepting it.

Ask any experience re-loader whether or not they have ever had a "squib" or overcharged load ... Experience re-loaders are always checking their loads for signs of such, even with those
loaded by the major manufacturers! Especially when loads are at MAX, a "Safe" load in one firearm, may be "Unsafe" in another ...

Last edited:
Good info Clarke123. I have only been reloading for little while myself. I am even cautious when others shoot my gun with my reloads. Not there is any problem, but just in case I always let them know what they are shooting..

You've asked a good question whose answer has legal implications under both "tort" and "equity".

First of all it is illegal to "sell" ammunition that you make without a specific license to do so (I'm personally glad that such is required, aren't you?).
Secondly, if you "sell" ammunition that you make / reload, even if the person acknowledges and accepts their responsibility for any problems,
Thirdly, "Trade", "Barter", "Exchange", "Sell" are usually considered equivalent transactions. Even "Gift" can be problematic!

I have exchanged reloaded ammunition with experienced re-loaders that I know and trust, but that is not a frequent activity and not done
without due consideration! Mostly, it is done with the specific understanding that the ammunition will be "pulled" and then reloaded by the person accepting it.

Ask any experience re-loader whether or not they have ever had a "squib" or overcharged load ... Experience re-loaders are always checking their loads for signs of such, even with those
loaded by the major manufacturers! Especially when loads are at MAX, a "Safe" load in one firearm, may be "Unsafe" in another ...

Good info here.

I apreciate the response. I didnt even think about whether it was legal or not.

I reload but have not done it long enough to say I would trust my loads in every gun. I trust them in mine but yours may be cheaper made or with weaker parts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Back
Top Bottom