• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you carry legally at the ga dome?

That wasn't the question, either.

But for the record, if I need to go somewhere and know I'll be asked to leave if I OC, then I'll CC and go about my business. If they're going to put up metal detectors and actually take steps to ensure that nobody carries there at all, then I have to consider whether or not I really need to go there.

And as jsquared pointed out, the short answer is "yes". The follow up question, however, is how practical it is...so...what steps do they take to actually enforce their policy?

I wouldn't oc in Atl anyway. Good way to be the first one shot when da brothaz start bustin caps. lol CC all the way for me in that city.

I wouldn't oc in Atl anyway. Good way to be the first one shot when da brothaz start bustin caps. lol CC all the way for me in that city.

There are several members on GPDO who OC down in the city all the time. I haven't yet, but that's because I tend to avoid the city at all costs anyway.

yeah , legally he can but when they tell you not to and you do he'll probablty be asked to leave! They do have a few metal detectors i think they are at A and C i don't remember for sure but seems like they are at 2 entry points

Why is this such a difficult concept?

Yes, they can tell him not to carry there and he will have to leave. If they catch him. So the question remains...what steps do they take to enforce their policy? If it is as you say and they are only at some of the entrances, I think with a little planning, it would be quite possible to get into the game with your concealed weapon undetected.

The general public goes through a pat down and bag search. I don't think I've ever had a wand used on me,but they probably have them. I went to 4 games last season. Once I accidentally brought a big fat folding knife and the pat down missed it and there was no metal detector.

Why is this such a difficult concept?

Yes, they can tell him not to carry there and he will have to leave. If they catch him. So the question remains...what steps do they take to enforce their policy? If it is as you say and they are only at some of the entrances, I think with a little planning, it would be quite possible to get into the game with your concealed weapon undetected.

It's not a difficult concept!! Why go and do something that they ask you not to do, if you can't go to a place because you can't carry then don't go!! When he does and let's say they see it , they say you seen the sign before you entered didn't you! APD is called and OS is charged with criminal trespass, all it does it make other carriers look bad, and prevents people from carrying in other places!

Like I said I don't have any experience at all, but I have read that they do pat-downs only and that the pat downs are pretty weak overall. But, it would suck to carry and face a metal detector or a pat down regardless. Especially if you take MARTA lol.

It's not a difficult concept!! Why go and do something that they ask you not to do, if you can't go to a place because you can't carry then don't go!! When he does and let's say they see it , they say you seen the sign before you entered didn't you! APD is called and OS is charged with criminal trespass, all it does it make other carriers look bad, and prevents people from carrying in other places!

It doesn't work that way. The sign itself means absolutely nothing. You must be asked to leave. Now, it is entirely possible that they could lie and say that they asked you to leave, but you refused. That's when a voice recorder comes in handy. And there are also cameras all over the place, I'm sure, which could be used to vindicate you if you actually complied and they say you didn't.

If it's concealed properly, and I'm sure Steve knows what he's doing in that regard, then they're not going to just happen upon it. If, however, they do use the wand and pat downs and metal detectors, then there might be a problem.

not exactly... you missed kinda a key point which is... they would ask him to leave and he would have to refuse to leave... then criminal trespass charge may come up

steve... why do you want to see the falcons anyways? basketball is boring

The pat down just covers your sides, so if you were to appendix, wallet, or ankle carry I think you would be ok.

The metal detectors are questionable, we know they pat down . . kinda hard to hide a glock no matter where you put it! I just don't see the point of doing it if your not supposed to , it's meant to be a family/fun atmosphere i can see why they don't want you too, and agree with it!

Back
Top Bottom