• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car Insurance on female teen. Holy ****

Kids insurance is supposed to be high because like everyone here is talking about they can’t drive. My 16 year old had his car two days, 2 as in 48 hours two 2 days and got a speeding ticket. He rode the bus for two weeks washed his car everyday then I asked if he learned anything. He said yes. I said not yet. SOLD his car and he’s been riding the bus since may. Next thing he drives will be a tank after basic.

Make sure you are getting liability only with a higher deductible. Ask for all the discounts: grades, Ga driving school and most insurance companies offer an additional discount if the kid completes their program (usually an online test only).
We switched all our insurance to Alfa Insurance. They charge him $130 a month since he started driving his Miata.
Yes, $285 month with all the discounts. Grades, training, etc...

he’s been riding the bus since may.

I grew up in the country w/ lots of land and could drive long before I was 16. But, I turned 16 a month into my Sophomore year and daddy wouldn't let me drive to school. I'd drive to the end of his long drive way, park the truck, and catch the bus. Only place I was allowed to drive was to work. It's kinda funny now that it is 30 years later, but humiliating as a teenager.

I was driving farm trucks & tractors when I could see over the steering wheel &/or was strong enough to mash the clutch: 8 for tractors & probably 11 for farm trucks.

At 15 I was relaying spreader trucks to dad in the field.

Kids today don’t get that kind of OJT, & it’s a shame.

#MakeFarmingGreatAgain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I grew up in the country w/ lots of land and could drive long before I was 16. But, I turned 16 a month into my Sophomore year and daddy wouldn't let me drive to school. I'd drive to the end of his long drive way, park the truck, and catch the bus. Only place I was allowed to drive was to work. It's kinda funny now that it is 30 years later, but humiliating as a teenager.
Yeah times have changed, don’t believe it go to any high school and look at the spoiled brats with daddy’s money and no respect driving 60k cars and trucks. We are failing these kids by not teaching them hard lessons then sending a bunch of spoiled entitled brats out into the world for everyone else to have to deal with

The high rates are due mostly to the fact that we have had a series of insurance commissioners who see their job as being "good for business."

Georgia is one of the few states where an insurance company can raise rates with no review by the commissioner.

I'm in one of the lowest risk groups, drive a junker, no collision coverge - my insurance has gone up over 30% in two years.

Ask the company "why" - "because of our increased claims experience".

The real answer is "because we can."

Do like I did, I bought a 48 willies Jeep and insured my son to drive it and he is covered on all my other vehicles. Lol

Got to outsmart em fellows. Lol

Cooter

That doesn't work anymore. Now they cover every person in the household on every vehicle. All or none, no choice.

Your rate is based on all of your vehicles, not just one.

Only way around that is to get them their own independent policy but then they are not covered on any of the other vehicles in your driveway and the insurance will not pay if they wreck one of them.

That doesn't work anymore. Now they cover every person in the household on every vehicle. All or none, no choice.

Your rate is based on all of your vehicles, not just one.

Only way around that is to get them their own independent policy but then they are not covered on any of the other vehicles in your driveway and the insurance will not pay if they wreck one of them.

Funny because that is not what my State Farm agent told me and what I am paying for.

Cooter

My first car was a 76 Audi Fox 2 door. You'd have to Google image it since I'm sure they're all gone. I would have LOVED a Maverick! When I had just gotten my license my mom asked if I wanted a 63 Chevy 2 that my stepbrother didn't want. I was all " Hell yeah I want that Chevy 2 !" I was thinking how cool I would be in that ride with some Cragars or Centerlines on it. Then they brought it to me and it had 2 doors too many. Oh it was awful! Somewhere between an old woman's Piggly Wiggly car and a Tijuana Taxi. And they acted like I was SO wrong for not wanting it.

No to 4 door Chevy II but yes to a Chrysler K car???

:pop2:

Back
Top Bottom