• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Careful at wineries in Dahlonega.

Yeah, just hope to God you never have a 6 year old look in your eyes and beg you to help them as they die in your arms after their mother‘s car was struck by a drunk driver. ****er.
Nice appeal to emotion, similar to what the anti's use when trying to steal our rights away. 7/10.

Revenue generating unlawful stops.

Unless you are swerving all over hell or they watched you drink and drive, there is no articulable suspicion of a crime which would make it an unlawful detainment. I have all the respect in the world for police but I have more respect for our constitutional rights.
Why do you respect the boot on your neck?

My dad was killed by a drunk driver. The drunk was .349 at 2 in the afternoon. He drove diagonally across the road and ran dad over. (target fixation) I still am opposed to DUI or any other reason checkpoints. Because freedom comes first. Do it for the children is not the answer.
Came here to post something like this. My mother was killed by a DUI drunk that blew a .28. I still don't support checkpoints. Particularly ones set up right outside of an event like a winery or wedding. That's 100% for revenue generation and has nothing to do with keeping people safe.

Who is appealing to emotion? I‘m relaying a true story. Show me somewhere in the Constitution that says you can’t be given a DUI after being pulled over for ANY AND ALL traffic violations.

Who is appealing to emotion? I‘m relaying a true story. Show me somewhere in the Constitution that says you can’t be given a DUI after being pulled over for ANY AND ALL traffic violations.
You joking? Ever heard of the 4th Amendment? A checkpoint is an unlawful search and seizure. Many court cases have argued this. Many states have outlawed it already. The only reason it's still allowed in GA and other states is the amount of revenue they generate when they pop all those folks who barely blow a .08 or have a tiny baggy of weed in the car. All they hear is cha-ching! It's not about "safety".

Sure if somebody is committing a traffic violation that's a different story, because there is a lawful reason to stop them. But a checkpoint/roadblock? No, the constitution doesn't support that.

From the op, "So I’ve been noticing a lot of state police DUI checkpoints near the wineries in Dahlonega"

You're changing the narrative here. We are talking DUI checkpoints. We are not talking about being pulled over for speeding, crossing the yellow line, failure to stop, etc, and being under the influence. DUI checkpoints are a violation of the 4th amendment, which is somewhere in the Constitution.

Sorry, but the US Supreme Court has held time and again that DUI checkpoints are LEGAL. The reason some states do away with them is because they believe it targets minorities. Try again.

Back
Top Bottom